Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 13 Nov 2018 19:06

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Party poker
PostPosted: 22 May 2008 18:40 

Friends,

I found interesting the topic on the Party Poker and would like to ask some conciderasões on this room, I have some money there and taste of the room, perhaps because there is so much bad beat, porêm me revoltei sometimes come into tournaments by not wanted, circumstances Collaborator of Party Poker read this topic use the same as an assessment of a player who has account in over 59 halls of poker:

Sit and Go:

1) Do not sit there and go for $ 1 that is not turbo, many players did not like the turbo arrangements because they do not give privileges to those who like to play without counting on luck;

2) The tournaments do not have a lobby, where we can see the details of it, mainly value of awards, structure of time, among other blinds, which is to a screen above the record that still has a time limit.

3) Most important of errors in my opinion is that this screen does not coast that modalide of Hold'em is, and the filters of the screen Tournament does not give to filter (pot limit, limit, no limit) with me that sometimes Registered in tournaments limit what led her to lose the $ 6 that investment (because I do not know playing limit)

4) The most wanted is the rate of commission which is very high (20%);

I would emphasize that it is one of my favorite rooms of poker, but some things must be improved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2008 00:54 
PFO Preferred

If you haven't played there for 180 days (6 months) I don't understand why you are so upset. I think a number of poker rooms forfeit the whole account balance if it is unused for 6 months.

In fact, I found this on Absolute's site:

12. ABANDONMENT OF ACCOUNT BALANCE.
If you do not access your AbsolutePoker account by "logging in" to your Account by using your User ID and password for a period of ninety (90) days, your Account will be closed and the entire Account Balance will be deemed abandoned and forfeited; provided however, such requirement for log in and entry is not and does not constitute any requirement whatsoever for you to play any Game, deposit funds or participate in any activity at AbsolutePoker other than logging in.

Read terms and conditions before you play (and play more regularly)!

This from Party Poker terms and conditions:

11. INACTIVE ACCOUNT FEES AND ABANDONMENT OF ACCOUNTS

11.1. If you do not access your Account by 'logging on' to your Account using your Account name and password and either (i) place a cash wager or bet via the Services, or (ii) enter a tournament with a cash entry fee via the Gaming Services, or (iii) play a raked hand via the Gaming Services, as applicable, for any consecutive period of 180 days, then after those 180 days (the 'Grace Period') your Account (and any related account with any ESP) will be deemed 'Inactive'.

11.2. Once your Account has been deemed Inactive the Group is entitled to charge you an administrative fee (the 'Inactive Account Fee'). TheGroup will deduct an amount up to the Inactive Account Fee amount from your Account Balance on the day following the end of the Grace Period and then every thirty (30) days thereafter in accordance with the Inactive Account Fee Schedule.

We will stop deducting the Inactive Account Fee from your Account Balance if your Account is re-activated by entering a tournament, or making a cash bet or wager, or by playing a raked hand.

Their email is only quoting the terms you agreed to when you signed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2008 07:41 
PFO Elite

WOW.. that seems very unfair...

'what if'

you were serving in the force's for example and went away on a long tour and had no access or desire to be on the pc

'what if'

You or a family member had to undergo long term medical treatment and the pc and poker were not on your priority list..

There are so many 'what if' situations that can happen in the 'real' world that might mean a spell away from poker.. this ABANDONMENT OF ACCOUNT BALANCE scenario is outrageous IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2008 08:03 
PFO Preferred

I know totty there are a number of situations that could have happen to force me not to play for 6 months but true be told i had been playing on other sites.Alfberg, it is purely a matter of principle I have the right to gamble where & when I want not when they want me to & couldn't believe the cheek of them to take money off me for not playing. They haven't had a cut out of me for 6 months so they decided to take one forceably(gamble with us or we'll take your money). Lets give you a situation, you haven't seen your neighbour for 6 months does it make it alright to break in & steal his TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2008 08:13 
PFO Preferred

lucky7s wrote:
I know totty there are a number of situations that could have happen to force me not to play for 6 months but true be told i had been playing on other sites.Alfberg, it is purely a matter of principle I have the right to gamble where & when I want not when they want me to & couldn't believe the cheek of them to take money off me for not playing. They haven't had a cut out of me for 6 months so they decided to take one forceably(gamble with us or we'll take your money). Lets give you a situation, you haven't seen your neighbour for 6 months does it make it alright to break in & steal his TV.

You haven't agreed to any conditions with your neighbour so it's a false analogy. If you had a contract that stated you could break in and steal his TV after 6 months then fair enough, you have every right to do so.
When you agreed to the terms and conditions at Party Poker (which you did when you downloaded the site) you were agreeing that it's OK for them to take this action if you don't play there for 6 months.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 06:12 

Partypoker is my favourite poker room, i play there since 2004, and it was my first poker room, at that time when i played, they weren't so many players like now.
Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 17:14 
PFO Preferred

Alferg Is right! I guess you do need to read the fine print before you go to accept the terms and conditions!

I think it sucks! but it is there site? I bet they can make lots of money that way! lol

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2009 10:04 

PartyPoker is the first Online poker room that i have started in 2003 to play poker.

And than stopped playing for a while till 2006.

And from 2006 i am playing almoust daily.

I play cash games, regular buy in tournaments.

Private buy in tournaments and freeroll, but not much there are 6000 players.

So its to much to play :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009 08:56 

First room for me also. Back when they let U.S. players play.
Big downer when they cut us off.