Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 13 Nov 2018 19:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: new software and updates
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2008 11:29 

I've played on bodog for the last 2 years, and have my up and downs with the site in general. Currently, I love it. They have updated they're software multiple times, but twice in the last 6 months that have been major. Now you can adjust your table size by clicking and dragging the borders. Player chat and game progress is minimal, with the option of opeining chat, progress, etc. in seperate windows. making your table larger, also makes the playing buttons larger, but slightly degrades avatars. I've also noticed that some of their guaranteed tournaments have changed times and buy-in. But lately I've only been playing freerolls, or small 5 table 1dollar multittable sng.
One of the worst things, in my opinion, bodog hardly has players at the omaha tables. they are usually empty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2008 18:02 
PFO Preferred

I would agree that bodogs interface is one of the most user-friendly, it's the dang cards I usually get on that site that keeps me off it, haha. But really I'm not one to accuse sites of being rigged, and im not right now. I think what it may be is that I had a couple bad experiences and the impressions stuck to the point where my thoughts were already geared towards making every experience another negative one, so it was easy for me to notice the bad hands and ignore the good ones. I find this happens a lot with me in poker - blaming something other then myself is always much easier then holding myself accountable for how I play my hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008 02:48 

I do like Bodog the best out of all the poker sites, but I can rememeber the one day I played for about 2 hours and had a whole page of a notebook full of horrendous beats. Not just bad beats, but beats where I was at least 70/30 when the money was in.

Still remember when that page was pretty much filled up and I couldn't believe what was happening, I get aces, get my money in all in vs AK. Flop was 10 J Q. Almost fell off my chair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008 08:47 
PFO Preferred

Wow, that is rough tripsters. Did you literally write down the bad beats that had happened to you? I've never thought of doing that, but in my experience, if that is going to happen to you, it will probably be on bodog. There is somethin about that site that just seems different. I play several different sites and I do see the most bad beats and dramatic hands on bodog. But who knows, maybe it's all in my head :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008 14:26 

gizzmatik wrote:
Wow, that is rough tripsters. Did you literally write down the bad beats that had happened to you? I've never thought of doing that, but in my experience, if that is going to happen to you, it will probably be on bodog. There is somethin about that site that just seems different. I play several different sites and I do see the most bad beats and dramatic hands on bodog. But who knows, maybe it's all in my head :)

Yeah I wrote down every bad beat. Most ridiculous stuff i've ever seen happened that day. Like I'd have 8's vs 2's and it would go A 10 3 5 4....Every single time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008 17:45 

the only beef i have with bodog is that they should go back to their old system. blinds go up every 10 hands and you start with 1000 chips in a sit and go. that was the best system ever and now the games just drag on forever because everyone plays so tight until the blinds get up to about 75/150.

Post subject: bodog
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008 20:25 
PFO Preferred

I have been playing at bodog for a while & I like it. Pretty good software. I have had plenty of horrifying beats and terrible calls. But all in all I like it and will continue to play with bodog.

Post subject: pop
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008 00:19 

I like this site and like the value of the games they offer with the freerolls they have every day they combine all of the small ones in to one big one every day. they have been getting some bad press of late so will have to see what pans out

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2008 18:12 
PFO Preferred

bodog is where i play the most it has its ups and downs. The biggest drawbacks are limits your number of tables, no player search, the badbeats of course and the thing that I hate is nothing but holdem tourneys and no horse cashgames.

I should add what I like, the 25 dollar and 50 dollar max tables for no limit are really profitable unless your on tilt. Rewards patience avoid the 10 tables and anything above the hundred on the ten its just really hard to beat four or five fish at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008 12:39 

Bodog is a very good site, i emailed them about player search they said in one of there updates that it will be added. they do need more tourneys (stud, omaha)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008 19:20 

rllngn wrote:
dont mind bodog one of my top 3 payouts by check not so bad and though there is only 3 frerolls a day they pay out better then ftp and ap i found

I agree, but payout is slow. How much did you win?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2008 17:56 

lots of fish thanks the their tv advertising, just need higher limits and more sngs, good payouts

Post subject: bodog review
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2008 17:54 

currently bodog is one of the easiest sites to deposit on using ewallet but in a greater importance is now taking at a minimum 40 days to recieve payouts doesnt seem fair

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008 02:27 
PFO Preferred

I really like the graphics and sound effects of their software.... it's so different then everything else. I feel like it's more fun for some reason.. especially the sound effects i duno why hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008 14:55 

I like that I am able to call support. For me this is a huge incentive for playing on their poker room. Plus, the call is not a waiting game like BankofAmerica and they are able to answer all questions asked. Their Interface is rad too, it's quick, sleek, modern, and different. Sharp sounds with excellent colored felts.

No to the bad. From what i hear, they are in debt to BankofAmerica. My guess, (someone let me know) is for echecks. They're cashouts via check take forever and they estimate which I think is unacceptable.

Post subject: The dog
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008 12:44 
PFO Preferred

Bo has stepped it up lately. Took just 12 days to receive my last check. The one before that was about the same amount of time. It seems like they've figured some way to get around that pesky American gov't. lol

BODOG YOU THE SHYT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008 21:07 
PFO Preferred

I definitely like bodog the best out of all the rooms because the few freerolls they do have are the most lucrative of any that i have ever been in. They pay the top 63 and they split 500$

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 17:43 

I played only some freerolls there and lost again and again when I was all-in with the better hand. From time to time I try again only to see my opponents hit their 3-outers on the river. On almost every other major site I make a little profit in the long run facing only the normal amount of bad luck from time to time so why should I play and risk my real money at bodog where where they have a random bad-beat-generator instead of a random-card-generator ;-)

Post subject: I like it
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2008 03:12 
PFO Preferred

I enjoy Bodog. I'm there to win, and i feel I have the best chance of that playing at bodog. I like the freerolls and the software is just fine. What else do you need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008 02:20 
PFO Preferred

i really like bodog, especially the $500 freerolls with about 3500 players and top 63 get paid. i also like their software with a lot of useful features.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next