Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 26 Mar 2019 13:19

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Carbon Poker Review
PostPosted: 30 May 2008 10:24 
PFO Elite

Carbon Poker Full Review

Discuss the pros and cons of Carbon Poker.
Anything you can share with other members and visitors of this site would be great!

Express your opinions but site bashing will not be allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 May 2008 16:31 

Carbon poker has been a new site for me though I don't play it often. There aren't many people on the site so it may be hard to find the games you want. The rakeback is fairly attractive though what sets it apart from most rooms may be the table layout. Has a bunch of customizable options and also unique speech bubbles for those chatting. The percentage in a showdown is also a neat feature, somewhat to what you might see when watching poker on TV. Although I don't know if all this is enough to get my playing regularly because of the low traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2008 10:39 

the features like, showdown %, rabbit hunt, and double deal make carbon poker really cool but, the low traffic is def a killer for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2008 07:55 
PFO Preferred

Carbon Poker Review:

Pros

-I like the consistent freerolls
-Lots of donks to take advantage of at the real money tables
-Easy depositing for US players
-Graphics are decent
-Decent Selection of Real Money Tournaments

Cons

-Not enough players
-Freerolls are not hourly
-Too many people in freeroll

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008 18:13 
PFO Preferred

I gotta say... I really like C.P. They have the little things on there that make it nice to play. I like the fact that you can see your folded hand, and also when two people go all in, you can see the % of them winning that hand.

Also, the layout is the typical "Birds Eye View" of everything, but the way it is laid out with the coloring and the deck, just seems it is easier to play.

Just my two cents on what I have noticed so far (I just started playing there)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 18:32 
PFO Preferred

i recently started going to carbon poker i like it cause its different with all the added features. the percentages that they post when players are all in and the rabbit cam are really nice .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008 11:41 

I started playin at Carbon and other merge sites a few weeks ago. I am actually starting to like them. I love the percentages they give in the all in hands. and the smiley faces, thats somethign i really like :)

Post subject: carbon
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008 12:13 

this site is good about sending u your money. I wish you could deposit just $10 with a card instead of the $25minimum. but I play there and like it...most of the time lol

Post subject: Carbon poker....
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008 10:46 
PFO Preferred

I have mixed reviews about carbon poker...I do like the rabbit feature!
Ive only freerolls there so I dont know if my assement is fair. It seems to be a very aggressive site, early at least, but I found as I waited it out the play is much better. As far as any site issues..everything ran smooth for me.
yankeenut23

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008 15:31 

Carbon is my favorite site. I have played on many other sites and none compare to carbon. The graphics on carbon are great and I love the freerolls. One every 4 hours! But only $50 freeroll so it doesnt compare to bodogs $500 freeroll. Carbon poker is a great site besides how it earned te nickname from me river.com because you will have the best hand and get beat by garbage on the river.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008 20:20 
PFO Preferred

I would have never thought that a poker site would come about where you had to WAIT 4 hours to re-load PLAY CHIPS------PLAY CHIPS thats right...i just want to see hands..

As for the actual poker, it is sketchy, as in sketchy players. but i LOVE the software, with the %'s and smilies are kinda cool as well. But if i had to grade Carbon Poker out of ten i would give it a 6.9. I will continue to play it though.

I wish that more sites would infiltrate the % and others that carbon has.... It is kind of innovative and more interesting ALL INS

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008 01:24 
PFO Elite

Carbon is the only site where I get a major lag. My pc is up to date so I dont understand y. I like the site but its a donkfest!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::beer::beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008 12:12 
PFO Preferred

I like Carbon Poker for NL tourneys. You can type in chat and make some pretty cool icons or faces pop up at the tables. They aslo have 5 card draw low limit cash tables there but Im not crazy for the set up for it and they have added a wild card to the game as well. I had no idea they had a wild card on their draw table and lost my shirt first hand I played there. A wild card makes a big difference when added to a game. You need bigger hands because its added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2008 11:58 

This is by far becoming my favorite site to play on period. Has anyone had any issues with cashing out here or is it done in an effeciant and timely manner?

Post subject: Cool Site
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008 23:48 

I like playing at Carbon Poker. They have many unique things like when Players go all in you can see the percentages of the hands. The freerolls are good because they max out at 1500 players and they have New Player Freerolls wich you are allowed to play in for the first month. I have made it to the money at Carbon Poker Freerolls about 10 times this month, had some good experiences at Carbon Poker. I recommend visiting the site. :typing:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008 15:05 

I have had a lot of experience with Carbon and most of the Merge Network. I think for the most part Merge is on the come up. Carbon itself is restricted to the network and in my opinion will always be under the top 3 available for u.s. customers.

I like they're deposit options because they allow quick access to funds and rolls. They're support is always online and they are happy to assist you with any specific inquiries if the manager is around (typically in the morning - evening). The freerolls are a great incentive for the player trying to start a bankroll as well.

They support as far as emails take too long in my opinion. I'm not sure if it is a different department or what but they take a bit to receive a response. They're check withdrawl is kind of a drag as well, they take a month or so which isn't bad but PokerStars usually comes in a couple of days for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2008 14:23 
PFO Preferred

Carbon is starting to become my favorite site. I love annimations, layout and speed of site. Competition seems faily soft and pays out quickly through ewallet express.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008 14:40 
PFO Preferred

I think the software is great. I love the layout and everything runs smooth. I may make a deposit there soon. There are also tons of features that i have not seen at other sites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008 14:14 
PFO Elite

I've tried to set this up twice now, and KY is not on the list of states you can register in. I guess they get my two thumbs down, but I'm sure they're just following the rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008 23:34 
PFO Elite

I like Carbon except for the serious lag and freezeups. If not for those or at least if I could figure out why so I can fix them, then I would really enjoy it.

second review after the tournament tonight. I was frozen out at least three times and worst of all when I was short stacked at the end.