Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 25 Jun 2019 04:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Review - DoylesRoom
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009 16:52 
PFO Elite

In Jan of 2009, DoylesRoom left Microgaming which closed to U.S. players and joined the Cake Network which allows U.S. players.

Read full review here.

Discuss the pros and cons of DoylesRoom.
Anything you can share with other members and visitors of this site would be great!

Express your opinions but site bashing will not be allowed.

Post subject: DoylesRoom Review
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009 21:14 
PFO Preferred

I was a huge Doyle's room supporter and for about 5 months only played on this site. I won some tourneys and absolutely loved the sharp shooters. It seemed like I was coming out in the money most of the time. I brought my account from 0 to 117 and some change. I was so thrilled with myself. Got a little too big for my britches and started playing games too big for my bankroll. To make a long story short I proceeded to loose all of my money but 2.20. Total bummer. Anyway, we were just recently allowed back on the site after them redoing it. Played some .2 .4 tables for .80 and lost that. Thought I could definatley bring back some of my money playing sharp shooters but since they redid the site I can no longer find any sharp shooter's. What happened to them? As of now I no longer have enough money to do anything . How pathetic. Totally bummed out about the sharp shooters, they were definately a game I liked to play. I guess it's time to win some freerolls. Been playing a little more bodog and pitbull. Doing okay but nothing to be too excited about. Seems to me to be easier to make money playing cash tables on pitbull than it is on bodog. Does anyone else feel the same?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009 23:49 
PFO Preferred

I've found Dolye's Room to be a tough house. Only won a small amount of money there. I'm not fond of the way they keep track of player rank in the lobby during tournaments, but all in all - their interface is OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009 17:48 

What is up with the gold chips and gold cards? I just d/loaded the software today and it is a bit hard to follow. Might have to spend some time getting used to the querks of this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2009 18:32 
PFO Preferred

Don't like the switch to the Cake Network. The reasons, I play freerolls mainly on Cake Poker granted Doyles has the same freerolls but if I were ever to build my bankroll back up on Cake I would not be able to enter Doyles freerolls at the sametime while I play games on Cake due to the fact that you can only have one of their softwares running at once. This kinda sucks, when you are used to playing on Cake and Doyles at the same time!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2009 19:06 

I love doyles room! I just made my first deposit there, and lost it all, but for some reason I am still drawn to it. I like all of the games they offer...I am a big time bounty tourney nut, and they have the bounty sit and go. If I would have noticed them in the beginning when i first deposited..I may have actually made some money, but unfortunately I did not notice them until my bankroll was down. I played in 3 or 4 of them and won my entry back on all of them except one. I even made a little bit on one or two of them, but lost it at the tables :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2009 18:25 

Well, I'm not sure about the customer service, but for the most part, if you want info on what games they offer, and what the pool of players are like, traffic, etc., check the cake topic because Doyle moved to the cake network. They still offer the bounty tournaments though. The interface isn't as flashy as before, but those who hated waiting to get a game going will love the traffic on cake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2009 09:58 
PFO Elite

What's the point in playing in these networks on more than one site? I guess it does make it possible for those who want to play on multiple accounts at the same tables--not at the same time.

I just find that all of these new sites and networks are becoming cookie cutters of the other--BORING.

I used to lov to play mutiple tables in "mini-view" on UB. I could have 8 tables up and see everyone and not have to squint to see the cards. But that is gone. Thanks a lot Cereus!

Post subject: new network
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009 20:01 
PFO Preferred

Now that doyles is on a new network I really do not like the graphics and the players are a lot looser than they used to be It was my favorite site but it seems to be havinf a few problems

Post subject: review
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2009 22:06 
PFO Preferred

I do seem to like doyles at least what I have played of it.. t sems to have a better quality of players in FRolls than when I play at Tilt, not so many 1st hand all ins

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2009 04:13 
PFO Preferred

This would have to be one of the best site it has the legend on it Doyle Brunson and it has bounty tournaments with him and some celebs in and if u take him out with a 10 2 you win 5000 he has a bounty tournament tomorrow night i may play in anyone else

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2009 18:19 

doyles room is one of the best sites to play on for now unless there something new that is better let me know

the only thing i dont like about it is that the games are spread out to far

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2009 15:21 
PFO Preferred

just not a big fan of doyles. it seems to have a lot of power push players either allin or get out of the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 May 2009 16:29 

I like playing here a whole lot I love there bounty tourneys and the doyles tourneys that he plays in

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009 10:40 

I like their program interface. It's really smooth and clean, and everything is very easy to find. I don't really like the avatars, but it has a more friendly feel. Overall, I feel the players are pretty soft on the whole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009 13:17 

doyles room is a decent site. i like the fact that the brunsons have bounties on themselves. its nice catch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 12:40 
PFO Elite

Beginning to extremely hate it. I'd so love to get money off there but can't. Only keeping it for the games here. Maybe i should just give up :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 04:40 
PFO Elite

WARNING

A lot (and I mean A LOT) of players have been posting in the past few weeks that Doyle's is no longer paying out. Everyone requesting money is receiving a form email saying something about how their regular processor went out of business, and all payments will take 8-10 weeks to process.

I would not deposit here at the moment, this does not sound good.

Post subject: Gold chips and gold cards
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009 17:21 
PFO Preferred

For you wondering what gold chips and gold cards do here it is ?

-Gold card is something you get rewarded for playing at a ring game it is very random.

You can then enter with your gold cards the daily lottery which is announced everyday.

-Gold chips are rewarded for winning freerolls and getting the goal of frequent player points you need for the next gold chip. You can use those to enter tournaments to win more gold chips or possibly enter as a satellite for an upcoming tournament.

Gl at the tables..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009 23:04 
PFO Preferred

I use Doyles mostly for Forum freerolls.

Not fond of signing up at 7pm to play their only freeroll at 10pm.
Not really fond of NLHE anymore. Expand to Mind!!!
They should mix it up a bit.