Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 21 Aug 2018 17:11

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Capturing Screen Images
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 15:59 
PFO Elite

Here's a way to add pictures and screen shots to your posts:

NOTE: When you capture the screenshot NOTHING seems to happen BUT IT DOES. The image is copied to your clipboard (which you can't see). Trust me. Follow the instructions.

From Pale Rider:
Vista users can take a variety of screen shots (full screen or any part of the screen) and easily edit them with the Vista Snipping Tool. If you don't already have it active you can find and activate it by typing "Snipping Tool" in the search bar in the windows menu then add it to your quick launch bar.

Click and copy the IMG Code and then right click and paste right into the post.

IF you have a lot of white space in your image (which happens if the new image you paste into paint is smaller than the default image, here's one way to remove it:

Move your cursor over the little tiny blue dots until it turns into a double arrow, click and pull. You may have to do the right side and bottom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 May 2008 18:13 
PFO Elite

[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][color="DimGray"]
Great thread Frosty.

Only one thing is missing to my mind, a direct link to photobucket.
Anyway i will try it soon.
:beer:
[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2008 15:52 
PFO Elite

I can`t get this to work with Vista, any help is appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2008 18:06 
PFO Elite

I don't have vista-try PM'ing Pale Rider, maybe he can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2008 21:33 
PFO Preferred

MRNASTY1 wrote:
I can`t get this to work with Vista, any help is appreciated!

What form of office product do you have? If you did not buy the new office system with your Vista you will have to install your old office product or do it with the paint program.

Microsoft wants you make Bill Gates richer! Complain to your elected REP if you no likey it .

Do you know how to save a print screen to your paint program? If not I may be able to post how but you will have to answer first here please.

Post subject: Screen Images
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 08:30 
PFO Elite

When I hit 'Print Screen' button or 'Alt' & 'Print Screen' buttons together nothing seems to happen?

I don't know how to find the clipboard and don't hve a clue what programmes I have or don't - I bought my PC last year from 'PC World' with XP already loaded on.

So wish I could learn what to do to take, save and post screen shots.

Any extra help guys....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 08:59 
PFO Preferred

on some of the new laptops you hit ctrl+fn+prt

fn is usually next to crtl

then go to paint and click on edit and then paste

I always could never get it until I chatted with Ace is Back and she explained the PC vs Laptop difference and now it works great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 09:00 
PFO Elite

bluelionman wrote:
When I hit 'Print Screen' button or 'Alt' & 'Print Screen' buttons together nothing seems to happen?

Something did happen-you just cant see it or see Hayden's comment above.

I don't know how to find the clipboard and don't hve a clue what programmes I have or don't - I bought my PC last year from 'PC World' with XP already loaded on.

You do have Paint. Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint

So wish I could learn what to do to take, save and post screen shots.

Any extra help guys....?

Start paint then follow the insructions above. If it still doesn't work for you, come into chat sometime when I'm there.

Post subject: Screen Images
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 09:08 
PFO Elite

Yeah I have now found 'Paint' and have pasted the screen shot but finding editing very hard - basicly I need a tutorial on Paint itself... can't seem to get the bits I want and resized... I have tried deleting out sections but would like to move the image to fit more higher up due to the bits I've cleared...

I wish I was more skilled - there's no clear guides - trying to navigate the help sections and go back and apply is a nightmare - I need classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008 06:36 
PFO Elite

If all that seems to difficult, their is a place called Image Shack. You can open free account
and install their toolbar that has screenshot button. Will automaticly post the shot for
future use and give all the posible codes needed for you to post into any forum, blog,
myspace or whatever. After a couple of tries you'll get the hang of which codes to
use in which situation. Sounds harder than it is. Place this address anywhere in your post
and presto your pic or shot appears in your post.
Capturing a screenshot can be done several ways, as you have mentioned.
In the case of the ctrl-print screen, or copy.
Open any Image program, and on a blank doc. right click and paste.
You never need to look at your clipboard, know its there.
But then you might want to edit screen size or crop and save into a paticular format then post on Image site.

Cut out most of those steps with the toolbar.
Click on screenshot.
Screen pops up with a dozen different web addresses,
There will be one for posting in forums, use it.
Easy as that.
When writing your post, just insert the address somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008 10:59 
PFO Preferred

I hope it's ok to copy my post from another forum, I've found this is one of the easiest ways to screen shot and post. Hope this helps.

Press Ctrl and PrtSc (if you're working on a laptop press FN and PrtSc).

Open your paint program -- Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint.

Click Edit then paste.

You'll see a little box on the top left (see below, I've circled it), click that...pick a corner you want to start your pic, click and drag it down and around the image you want to post (if you make a mistake, just click Edit then Undo).

Click Edit, Cut. Click File, New. It will ask if you want it to be saved, click Don't Save (a new page will open up), Click Edit then Paste.

Click File then Save, type in the name you want your file to be followed by .gif (by adding .gif it will load faster). I generally save my screen shots to my desktop, easy to find and delete. Once you have your shot hosted you DO NOT have to keep it on your computer.

Once you have your image saved go to http://www.photobucket.com it takes less then 2 minutes to sign up for your free account.

Click Browse, find your file and open it then click Upload.

IMG (the last one) is used for posts. Simply click on the link next to IMG, right click then copy. Come to your post here and right click then paste.

Direct Link is what you would use for your Avatar, just copy the link and paste it in your profile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2008 03:34 

Yeah, when I play the $200 7 card stud freeroll on Microgaming, I have Windows Paint pre loaded, and my trigger finger ready to hit Alt-PrintScreen and the mouse in that screen. By holding down the Alt button you only capture that screen, the one you're interested in.
Then I do a quick Alt-Tab to switch over to Paint, do a Control-V to paste that image.

I make my decisions as to whether to play a 7 stud hand based on how many of my outs are missing.

Suppose I have to bring it in, and my hand is 68(2) (the 2 is showing). The first thing I do before I click in bring in for the minimum bet is see who else has any 6s, 8s or 2s. I don't know what the guidelines are supposed to be, but generally, if 2 of my cards are taken, I pretty much am gonna look to muck that hand.

If you're not in the position to bring in, then you need to take the snapshot as quickly as possible. Why? Because someone may fold and you'll miss what their upcard is! Also, many people may be sitting out, and they will auto fold like lightning!

Also if you have a 3 flush, you need to look for your flush cards. If one flush card is taken, I don't think that's a big deal, but if 3 or 4 are, then I think I should muck, unless I have something like Ah8h3h, or AhKhTh.

Oh yeah, on every street you can capture a picture, alt-tab to Paint, and then Control-V over the previous image. Then, if you are in Paint and do a Control-Z (undo), you can look at previous streets cards. This is important because you may find yourself with something like A56A7, and you need to look for 5s, 6s, and 7s to make a 2 pair Aces Up.

I think this is a great game for improving your short term memory. But I admit I'm kind of cheating. It's a grey area IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2008 10:31 
PFO Elite

i dont think cheating would be the right word. its something that anyone can do and should not be objected to by anyone or any site. perfectly fine as far as im concerned. best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2008 21:02 

Yeah, if you wanted to help your short term memory (good for all you stoners and Alzheimer's patients out there), I think 7 card stud and MahJong would be the games to play. :nice:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008 20:31 
PFO Preferred

well that makes it easy, I just tryed it in a word program and it worked just fine. Thanks for the assist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008 23:15 

Thanks for the advise, I'm new here and it seems like this Forum rocks. I think you guys are really giving players who become a member - a good chance at gaining some knowledge for the tables. That just made me so happy because I was able to do it on linux but too lasy to try and figure it out on my pc.. : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008 20:09 

Yeah, I take screenshots now and then of things that I think are interesting. Like when I get a royal flush. Or once at 7 card stud all the aces were out as up cards...

Post subject: Nice one
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008 23:07 
PFO Preferred

Thanks so much, I wondered how it was done!!!! Now maybe I can capture some shots of these poker games Ive played. So many times Ive played and had one heller of a hand, and thinking dang wish I had this is a frame...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2009 15:14 
PFO Elite

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees f**king finally! thanks been an ongoing struggle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2009 22:38 
PFO Preferred

Pretty good directions, have to see if I can follow all of them. Not bad with computer stuff. Was thinking why cant i use my web cam and take the shot then copy and post it? Just sounds easier.