Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 14 Nov 2018 20:38

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ottawabluesfest.ca (where is rg?)
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010 00:55 
PFO Preferred

I have been away enjoying the Ottawabluesfest.ca !! No poker for me for 2 weeks July 6th - 18th. Memorable shows so far Phil Lesh and Bob Weir(original Grateful Dead members) and some talented pick-up members doing the Grateful Dead tunes.Steve Hackett (lead guitarist for Genesis back in the days with Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel) did a great show up against the B-52,s following the Moody Blues.No competition.Hackett smoked it.Babe Ruth band(i didn,t know them either) were awesome on intimate back stage again up against Joan Jett and the Blackhearts on main stage.She did a good show but Babe Ruth totally won it.So many good Blues bands and other acts i don,t have time to mention performing on 5 stages of simultaneous activity.Saturday all day action.Roy Rogers and the Delta Queens screamed out a Blues set at 6pm folowed by Carolyn Wonderland who sounds like Janis Joplin without faking it and played a great Blues Lead guitar.Roger Hodgson(the voice of Supertramp did a nice set at 8pm with a talented band.The Flaming Lips did a closing set at 9:30 on the main stage but Passion pit was on a smaller stage.To much to see and so many decisions.
Sunday bests were John Hiatt followed by the Levon Helm band which was a tribute to the 70 yr old man who drummed for the Band,Yardbirds.Super show again on a backstage with an intimate 6,000 crowd.RUSH were on the mainstage but i saw Levon Helm and a 12 piece band plus John Hiatt joined in for some songs and also Lead singer of the Swell Season who performed on another backstage earlier joined to sing/honour and jam with Levon Helms.Probably will never see that act again.Best show of the festival so far imo.
Oh i didn,t mention heavy metal Dream Theatre(my pick) and Iron Maiden on opening night.Ther have been the Bacon Bro,s, John Butler Trio (Aussie trio were impressive as well.
Started week 2 tonight and all this for $275 on 5 outdoor stage.Draining the hell out of me with the drinking that goes with it but I.m going see all 12 Days and be sick for a week ,, lol. I think Santana headlines to-morrow night at 9:30 to 11pm.But bands start at 6:30 so i check Ottawabluesfest.ca to plan my evening each night.
So lucky to see all this music. And weather has been hot and humid with just 2 rainfalls so far..
A great holiday from Poker that I would never miss out on ,,,,,
Rg :beer:

Post subject: Re: July PFO Tourneys
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010 04:10 
PFO Elite

Sounds like a great music festival rg! I agree with your assessment of Babe Ruth, discovered them in the late 70's and was captivated by their great sound and stage presence. I hope week 2 turns out to be as good as your first week there.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010 14:20 
PFO Elite

Sounds awesome. Dream Theater is good-would love to see Santana again.

Glad to hear the weather is cooperating for the most part.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010 17:52 
PFO Preferred

Sounds like you have a great time Rg :beer:

on other notes... for a momment i get lost :dazed:

What this have to do with the thread "july PFO Tourneys"? :work:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010 20:28 
PFO Elite

Guess he thought he'd explain why he wasn't in tourneys-but now that you mention it, I think I'll move it.

Post subject: Re: Ottawabluesfest.ca (where is rg?)
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2010 18:46 
PFO Preferred

Sounds great rg ...I loved The Band and Levon Helm also a big fan of John Hiatt.
Bunch of bands u mention there I don't know , but sounds as if I should

Post subject: ```yes```
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2011 09:12 

supply cheap nike air max 2009, free shipping worldwide