Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 13 Nov 2018 19:07

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PFO News - Forum was down due to hackers
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010 14:55 
PFO Elite

PFO was brought down by Cheez on Friday because multiple files had been corrupted by a hacker. The forum software has been updated and all files cleaned. IMO it was ad spammers, not anything more malicious, but that is strictly my personal opinion and not that of anyone else.

I did send out emails with the weekend tourneys and passwords. If you had your profile set to accept emails from administrators, you should have gotten one. If you don't accept email from administrators, you didn't. We never give out email addys and we don't send spam, so you might want to rethink that setting.

If you have an updated virus scan program, while you may have gotten warnings, your computer should be fine. I was on even after the forum was closed, and my virus scan blocked any infected pages. tb also did a full scan of his computer and found no problems.

We do not know exactly what the attempt was. One of the addresses pointed to a malware site.

As always after attacks such as these, it is prudent to change your site password. Go to user control panel/profile/edit account settings to change your password.

Another good idea is not to use the same password at forums and social sites such as facebook (notorious for hacker attacks) that you use for important sites such as online banking, credit cards, poker sites, etc.

I also would like to repeat - NEVER CLICK ON A LINK POSTED IN A FORUM WITHOUT LOOKING AT IT FIRST - ESPECIALLY BY NEWBIES!!! IF IT ISN'T FAMILIAR, DON'T CLICK!

Interesting side note: The major internet attacks originate in China, Russia and (surprisingly) Brazil. BUY AMERICAN!!!!

Post subject: Re: PFO News - Forum was down due to hackers
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010 21:14 
PFO Preferred

Ya I knew something was up my anti virus was going off like crazy.I don't know if the one that screwed up my start up came from here but I had to run my back up program to get my computer running again.It was a little scary.Its all good now.Glad I save a restore point!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2010 18:47 
PFO Elite

I hope it wasn't us. My virus scan program stopped me from loading any infected pages, so I had no problems.

Glad you are all set now, tho.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2010 17:00 
PFO Preferred

Yep, I got your email for the weekend games. Was able to find the time to play the Saturday tourney.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2010 18:09 
PFO Preferred

Thank you,I got u pm.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 19:38 
PFO Preferred

F in hackers I just got rid of a virus had to reinstall my operating system. what work.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010 10:22 
PFO Preferred

Yea redoing your system is quite a job these days especilaly having to get every update after re-installing. I feel like IM going to have to do this soon as I think I hear mouse clicks in my speakers when Im not even hitting my mouse, so Im not sure If im hacked or not, My virus scan always comes up nothing and clean.

I dont understand this hacking forums as who would use their poker site passwords as forum passwords. What are they gonna accomplish. post stuff under your name and get you banned.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010 18:18 
PFO Preferred

A simple PC is quite a pain, but a server must be worse. Thanks for all the hard work.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010 15:36 
PFO Preferred

Glad you guys were be able to get back up so quickly! Sad it got hacked :evil: :mad:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 20:44 
PFO Preferred

these peeps need to get a life eh?