Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 20 Sep 2018 15:12

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PFO Preferred And Elite Membership Info
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011 19:13 
PFO Administrator

What is Preferred Membership?
Once you become a Preferred Member you will be granted exclusive access to tournaments, especially freerolls, and you will compete against other PFO members. The table action is great with friendly play, fun chatting, and quality poker play.

What it Means to be Preferred?
Preferred members are members who contribute to the forum through new threads, replying to posts, chatting in the forum, and participating in tournaments. Preferred Members will need to abide by the forum and non password sharing policies to remain in preferred status.

How to Become Preferred?
To become a Preferred Member you will need to contribute to the PFO forum for up to one month in the forum through creating new threads, replying to posts, chatting in the forum,etc. At the end of each month the existing Preferred/Elite Members will vote on for the eligible users to become Preferred. If the existing dedicated Preferred Members feel you contributed to the forum because you were genuinely interested in more than just getting passwords, you will be awarded Preferred status. There are no post number requirements, but the more quality posts the group sees the more likely they'll vote you in.

Passwords
Freeroll Passwords will be posted to all Preferred/Elite Members prior to the start of the tournament in the secret PFO Preferred Member Password Forum. To even be able to view this forum, you will need to be a Preferred Member. To become an Preferred Member you will need to first contribute quality posts and be approved by the existing Preferred/Elite members. Once you have been approved you will be eligible for access to our private games. However, please note that we currently review members for preferred status once a month, so you will still have to wait until the first day of the next month before accessing our secret password forum.

How to Maintain Preferred Status
Once you become preferred, you will stay preferred as long as you follow the rules of the PFO Forum. If you are an Preferred Member and you are caught sharing the passwords with friends or anyone, you both will be banned from the PFO forum permanantly.

Post your Site Usernames
Please ensure that your Poker site usernames are posted in the relevant sections to ensure that your Preferred Status is not held up! If your nick is not posted, and refuse to answer when asked your forum name, your preferred status will be removed.

What is Elite Membership?
The cream of the PFO Crop, the Elite Membership group was created to give our best posters access to even more exclusive events just for them. More details coming soon on this program...

Make Sure To Download Poker Sites Using Links at PFO, and Please post your User/Nicknames here.

We do not tolerate spammers, password leakers, or freeroll whores. Never post asking for the password!

WARNING: Any member who has shared or sold a password to any private game; or asked for or received a password for any private game that they are not entitled to; or belongs to a password sharing site; will be banned immediately for a period of at least 7 days. A permanent ban could be imposed at the discretion of the Administrator.

Post subject: Re: PFO Preferred And Elite Membership Info
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011 20:59 
PFO Elite

Very interesting and unique idea--voting on new members.

Was always difficult trying not to be too hard-line on new members who obviously just wanted active status without really contributing to the forum. (Which, to be honest, the main reason they came here was to get the password.) Some of the best members were originally here just trying to get the password, but the forum grew on them.

It's so funny to log on and see a new member listed as last poster in every forum. You can be pretty sure they are all one-liners.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011 21:25 
PFO Elite

Can elite members nominate those to be voted off of the "Island PFO"? :-D

Seriously, though I agree with all of TF's post :shock:

But, I do believe there should be some activity requirement other than just following the rules to keep your status. For instance if you haven't contributed for a month it would make you eligible to be nominated by any of those that can vote someone in to be put up for vote to lose your status.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011 21:44 
PFO Administrator

The problem we run into guys is that the sites want to see a lot of players playing in the freerolls they are giving us. I want to be able to send them a bunch of players while at the same time at least sending in honest players. I also noticed immediately the guys that get 20 one liners in so they're eligible, which makes the forum unreadable. I don't want to encourage more of that.

I'll tell you what, if we don't see players post for many months at a time but are playing every night then bring it to my attention and we'll notify that player.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011 23:34 
PFO Elite

I'm liking what I'm reading. I think this can work out well. As for the existing members that have been really active with the forum before it went down him, do they get instant Elite status or do we all have to start from scratch to gain it? Not that it really matters since the regulars will have no problem doing getting to elite status, just curious.

Edit: I just realized it says Elite under my name. So I guess I just sorta answered my own question, lol.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 01:21 

AJ wrote:
The problem we run into guys is that the sites want to see a lot of players playing in the freerolls they are giving us. I want to be able to send them a bunch of players while at the same time at least sending in honest players. I also noticed immediately the guys that get 20 one liners in so they're eligible, which makes the forum unreadable. I don't want to encourage more of that.

I'll tell you what, if we don't see players post for many months at a time but are playing every night then bring it to my attention and we'll notify that player.

but what if they play a lot of forum buyin events? that should count for something..
as for myself, i always play as many buyins as i can (afford) at every forum i register. IMHO, thats the best way to support it.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 09:22 
PFO Preferred

I would like to bring one aspect and reinforce another one.

Its hard for some people to come to a forum without knowing anyone and start spittin a lot of meaningfull posts. Ironically, after playing some games and have the opportunity to meet the other members and chat with them, the newcomer will be much more able to contribut positively to the community. :typing:

Furthermore, one of the biggest contribution one can give is come to the games and play seriously, especially the buy-ins. If we have a guy that consistently is active on the tables but shy on the forum, dont think he should be seens as a problem.

IMO, the best thing we had at PFO was the somewhat restricted field of decent players we had at PFO. I felt like playing a home game most of the time, facing friends and people I kind of know how they play. Not that I dont want people to come to the games, but facing 250 people in a game, with the great majority of guys you dont know, with an all-in in every hand is not my idea of a fun night. I know the forum needs to be profitable, the wisdom will be how we get to that balance . :dazed:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 11:03 
PFO Preferred

I think that posting requirements will cause people to avoid if they are just looking for a password. If you give the pass out to too many people just to have more players in the games it will ruin the games value and the pass would probably get shared as hard as you try not to let it happen. A restricted list is how it was done at FTP and Carbon can do it too with password protection also. Take a look at the Poker-Freeroller games in the private section on Carbon and you'll see both a regular password protected $25 game and another that is restricted AND password protected. I would contact your Carbon rep/agent and get them to put the restricted list in place for all preferred/elite members current and set it up so a password is also added if you feel the need. New players could be added monthly for sure and maybe even as often as daily.

BTW, I thought I should be preferred now already as I was active when the site went inactive. Just cuz someone has less than 100 posts doesnt mean they weren't active.

Also, members who don't post a lot doesn't mean they aren't active. One could read and chat and play in the games, etc. and be more active than some monkey behind a keyboard who won't shut up. :D

Last edited by AAChipMagnet on 30 Nov 2011 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 18:33 
PFO Elite

Andreh wrote:

Furthermore, one of the biggest contribution one can give is come to the games and play seriously, especially the buy-ins. If we have a guy that consistently is active on the tables but shy on the forum, dont think he should be seens as a problem.

Not sure why it would be so hard to do a couple of quality posts here and there. It is a forum after all, so it would only make sense that you would have to be active on here if you would like to join any of the tournaments PFO has to offer. If people have time to play bunch of buy in games, then you have time to post on here. So no excuses about not being active.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 19:48 
PFO Preferred

I like your new idea A.J. we have had trouble with p.w. thiefs before maybe this will work better. :beer:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 21:45 
PFO Elite

Some of the Best additions to PFO have been new member referals from existing members. Isn't that right ChiTownRon?!!!

:nice:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011 23:48 
PFO Elite

tbdbitl wrote:
Some of the Best additions to PFO have been new member referals from existing members. Isn't that right ChiTownRon?!!!

:beer: True that. :cool:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011 20:12 
PFO Elite

tbdbitl wrote:

Also known as tooting ones own horn. :dazed2:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011 20:14 
PFO Elite

Terminal Frost wrote:
tbdbitl wrote:

Not at all! It was a compliment to MR for all of his fine referals! :shocked:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011 20:24 
PFO Elite

tbdbitl wrote:
Terminal Frost wrote:
tbdbitl wrote:

Not at all! It was a compliment to MR for all of his fine referals! :shocked:

And yet again.... :dazed2:

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011 13:12 
PFO Preferred

i like this method. very fair, just hope i can contribute enough to please all. the itch to play isn't there just yet for me. but i want it to be. grrr frustrated !!!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011 20:20 
PFO Preferred

After a long hiatus, it is good to see this forum back up and running. I will keep trying to do my part to keep the forum a part of my routine by posting and I am good at playing in the buyins to show my support. I think we are all like that. The forum helps us and we help he forum, a nice two way street helping each other mutually. Some call that a parasite relationship, but I think it helps to work together when sharks have been noticed in the water. Send the sharks elsewhere.

Glad to be back...

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011 23:17 
PFO Preferred

interesting, so how long has the place been alive again?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011 10:56 
PFO Preferred

Hum I would say the forum was on labor, and the rebirth is tonight :pop:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011 16:03 
PFO Preferred

some forums use the if u play 2 or 3 buyins u get into the freerolls
as some of us cant always post a lot