Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 04 Apr 2020 14:41

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: High Stakes on GSN
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006 02:33 

Anyone been watching this show? I think it is pretty sweet. I wonder how much the house takes in rake with such high stakes, and also... anyone notice the roses all the players sniff? Seriously, what is up with that? Is there coke in there or what??

Post subject: Re: High Stakes on GSN
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006 03:54 
PFO Preferred

brockmo wrote:
Anyone been watching this show? I think it is pretty sweet.

.. anyone notice the roses all the players sniff? Seriously, what is up with that? Is there coke in there or what??

Funny, I was just headed to this section of the forum to post a thread on this very show if nobody already had! I love this show. It's nice to see poker on TV that's not a tournament. The sheer amount of money traveling around the table is staggering!

I think the rose is an Eli Elezra thing.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2006 19:05 

Anyone been watching the season 2 lately? Mike 'The Mouth' is a must see! He drives the other people there crazy, and they have a little war with Negreanu. Also, like the other episodes, these are extremely interesting ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2006 15:32 
PFO Elite

Is this available to watch online? Obvioulsy being in the UK i don't have all the same channel's as you guy's in the US ..

Link would be appreciated if it is :-D

Post subject: Quads
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2006 08:41 
PFO Elite

Anyone see Gus Hanson make quads? Awesome. I think Negranu Might have gotten away from it if it wasnt Gus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2006 11:42 
PFO Preferred

Totty I dont think it is online but there are may sites where you can download the episodes using one of the many Torrent sites. They are peer to peer sites and most have all episodes of high stakes poker. e.g. http://www.bittorrent.com . There are other sites too and like everything some people prefer one to another , so do a search for torrent and find one you like.
Both season 1 and 2 are available and are well worth watching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2006 19:13 

In my opinion it's one of the most entertaining poker shows on tv. It's fun to watch these great players bluffing each other to the limits

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2006 20:10 

yah, I watch this show, negreanu is sick, he payed some guy $5000 to stick around for a few more hours because he knew he could win it back and some extra, thats a great poker player.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2009 04:51 
PFO Preferred

the show is good in my opinion but way 2 many commercials and talking. i guess when ur playing 4 that kinda $ u gotta talk a lot not 2 play 40 hands an hour :-d: :-d: :-d: :-d: :-d:

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2009 21:36 
PFO Preferred

Yes I used to watch the show quite a bit not so much anymore. Some huge pots on there i've seen go down. Is whats his name welcome back kotter still the host of the show-lol He always made some interesting comments. As far as the roses go I don't remember any players doing that but I did think it was cool how they can pretty much play out the hands however they wanted. I liked the deal it twice hands.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010 22:53 

Great show to watch, always entertaining chat and action on HSP. Its a great way to see what the high stakes games are really like, and there is no other show thats really like it on tv.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2010 08:11 
PFO Preferred

Always some babes hangin' around the room too and I don't mean Jen Harmon

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2010 17:20 
PFO Preferred

My absolute favorite poker show to watch

If you don't have access to GSN there are a lot of the episodes available on youtube

PostPosted: 29 May 2010 05:01 

I love the table talk and the action at high stakes. fun to see the great line ups and insane plays. Like ivey bluffing allin preflop with 25 offsuit and the huge pot where Ivey almost called a bet over 200k on the river vs Durrr with bottom pair and he would have taken it. Insane actions but i dont like some of the new features with season 6.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2010 08:52 

High Stakes is my favorite show also...
I've been watching for a few seasons now and can't help but wonder if Daniel Negreanu shouldn't be watching also...
The guy just seems to be slightly off whenever he gets involved in pots larger than 50K. Just spent a couple hours watching the "Labor Day Marathon" and except for what looked to be one session, Negreanu must be down... way down...
Anyone know who, of the players that are regulars, has been felted the most?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 16:44 
PFO Preferred

doozer wrote:
yah, I watch this show, negreanu is sick, he payed some guy $5000 to stick around for a few more hours because he knew he could win it back and some extra, thats a great poker player.

thats pretty bold. sounds like something negeanu would do. he is my favorite poker player...both for his style of play and his personality. his knack for reading players is uncanny.

how much money did he end up winning back?