Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 24 Aug 2017 00:49

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Rough Times & Good Times
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010 12:41 
PFO Elite

Well after taking 6 bucks and turning that into over a hundred in my last 4th place finish a day ago, i managed to take another 4th for 212$ with a 15.50$ investment.
I'm a bit unhappy with the results though. The chip leader just kept getting stellar hands, and great luck when he was behind to find a way to win the hands. Nothing much else to say. Thought I was due a win, but I guess not.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010 12:26 
PFO Elite

Still rockin' the tables. This is the 3rd final table this week for me in a guareteed tourney. I smell a 1st place coming eventually...

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010 13:39 
PFO Preferred

still good money there ron keep it up

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010 05:00 
PFO Elite

I just posted this and it's not there, damnit. Well, This is my 4th final table this week. This all started from $6 I had left and really worked it up. I'm not happy with this 4th because I took a lot of brutal beats to exit the match. But I only used 15$ total to buy in and still got a great return on investment. I'm due a 1st!

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010 09:00 
PFO Elite

5th final table this week in a guarantee tourney! I'm so pissed yet again. I had AJ , raised on the button and the small blind goes all in, so I insta call and the villain shows A9 but hits the 9 on the flop and stays good to win the pot. That crippled me then hands later busted. I realllllly thought I was going to win this one.
Still feeling good about how I played though this entire week to turn 6$ into 800 in a matter of a week.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010 09:48 
PFO Elite

WTG Ron, hope you turn that 800 into 8k :beer:

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010 00:01 
PFO Elite

MRNASTY1 wrote:
WTG Ron, hope you turn that 800 into 8k :beer:

Thanks. And I hope I do, too! Haha

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010 08:35 
PFO Elite

Well, I had an epic downfall. That's all I want to leave it at. :twisted: I'll be back to where I was and then some, eventually.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010 10:23 
PFO Elite

Geez and I wanted a story. Just a really bad run or playing over your roll? Anything you feel you could have/should have done differently?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010 11:10 
PFO Elite

Terminal Frost wrote:
Geez and I wanted a story. Just a really bad run or playing over your roll? Anything you feel you could have/should have done differently?

I think I was playing great most of the time. My goodluck surely ran out but I refused to take a break and just kept playing. I was getting it in most the time as the favorite and shit went sour a lot. A bit of the cash games and tournaments got the best of me. I think though the more I started losing the more it fcked with me mentally and I probably started playing poorly which doesn't help with you're running awful as it is. Oh, well, fck it. I'm ready to do it all over again. I shall prosper in the long run

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010 22:46 
PFO Elite

well i played a tournament with solid play and made the final table but totally got shafted with pocket aces against pocket jacks. http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Def ... zcHBzcI%3d

I busted out 9th. If I won this pot I would of been golden to take first the way I was playing.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011 23:52 
PFO Elite

Think it's time to wipe the cobwebs off my blog and get it going again. :typing:
Haven't been playing at all the past couple of months. Can't say I lost my interest in it, because it's still there, just not as much as it once used to be. Crappy work schedule has a lot to do with it. No more grinding over night till noon the next day, lol. Seems like that's when I had the most success when playing online. I guess I would just be in the zone more and not worry about anything else during that time frame. Also didn't help that my favorite poker forum pretty much went downhill. :twisted:

I have no money on any sites, so back to being a freeroll whore for now, unless I can spare some extra dough to deposit on Cake or some other site. Now that PFO is up and running, hope it starts to get me more involved with poker once again. That's all i have to say for now. Hope you guys have a good one and good luck. Stay classy PFO, stay classy.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011 22:30 
PFO Elite

Been playing bunch of freerolls lately. Been getting somewhat deep but no cashes yet. It seems like such a waste of time to build a bankroll from scratch again. Definitely depositing soon.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011 22:51 
PFO Elite

Freeroll grind is a rough road.

I've been having a rough time finding decent micro Tourneys to mix in with my ring play. So close to quitting until we get some kind of legal regulated games!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011 22:12 
PFO Elite

Played a PLO freeroll on Carbon today. Ended up taking 8th out of 3525 for a 11$ satellite ticket. I actually haven't played PLO in a long long time and was late to start the tourney, so blinds were already getting big. Managed to triple up and from there I just played really solid. Kinda surprised I made final table since my PLO skills are so rusty. Definitely a confidence booster that I needed. Now if I can only take that ticket and place again.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012 17:02 
PFO Elite

Good job. I've had a few of those $11 satty tickets. Have yet to turn them into anything. Best of luck with yours.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012 21:09 
PFO Elite

Terminal Frost wrote:
Good job. I've had a few of those $11 satty tickets. Have yet to turn them into anything. Best of luck with yours.

Thanks. Yeah, I have yet to use mine as well. Wish the ticket was good for all 11$ buy ins. I guess the ticket is better then nothing.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 23:50 

I always have a rough time, maybe it's time for me to quit and then give it a try after 3 months. lol.. I hope good times will come.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012 20:22 
PFO Elite

Seems like this forum is heading back down the old road of not being active again. Anyways, deposited $30 on Cake and giving it a go again. Managed to build up to 190$ so far and sold some to a friend. So going to continue playing and see if this takes me anywhere. I've been kinda rusty on doing more in depth moves but I think I've been playing fairly well lately. Managed to make couple final tables already, which is good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9