Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 16 Dec 2017 18:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Update, April 27, 2008
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008 14:36 
PFO Elite

It's been a great couple weeks of poker. I've been placing in the money in pretty much every sng I play. Also, I've played a couple home games, both small cash games and tournaments ( $10 buy in most the time). From playing both online & those home games, I've probably profited $250 within these two weeks time. Not bad for playing small limits :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008 16:21 

lol, ur all crazy, but yea it would be awesome to make a living playing poker.

dont thnk ill ever get there, had a few good wins but my money management sukks

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008 19:56 

Sounds like things are going good for u ron. $250 is about how much I've made playing poker in the past 2 years. Lol. All though I dont doeposit that much. Try to bulid a bankroll and freerolls.

Post subject: congrats
PostPosted: 22 May 2008 09:50 

congratlation i've been on tilt 4 six months or longer ...never hab so many bad beats:bs::leave:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2008 17:16 
PFO Elite

Your luck will change with the weather!!!!!

Post subject: Update, May 23, 2008
PostPosted: 23 May 2008 01:57 
PFO Elite

Haven't been playing that much poker recently, but the games I did play on Cake, I did terrible in them. That continued to the live home games. I can't say I was playing fully bad, sometimes the luck was just against me. So yeah, bad couple weeks of May. I started to play recently again more and I'm getting back into the groove . Won two straight ten dollar buy ins at AP and won a decent amount of cash at a home game couple days ago. Hopefully I can keep it up and end this month on a good note.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2008 20:36 
PFO Elite

sometimes ron, the best thing you can do is just take some time a off. it may take a week, a month or a day or 2 but whatever it takes to clear your head. a fair amount of losing is psychological despite what the cards might say. from what i can tell on here it sounds like your bein hard on yourself. yes when we are on a bad streak it seems like everything is just going against you, and thats when you need to just step back, and walk away. best thing you can do in these spots.

Post subject: I agree
PostPosted: 26 May 2008 05:51 
PFO Preferred

I totally agree with longface, i done what he mentioned a couple of months back and took a few weeks off, was having a terrible run on my normal site.

I came back and played a freeroll on a site i had'nt played for over a year and got in the money, was able to go in a sat for a 80k game and got through, and hey presto i finished 7th and won $3.200 (still in shock lol ), but the lay off and change of site worked a treat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2008 22:10 
PFO Preferred

I need to take down a big tourney dammit.

I've been playing for awhile, and i do amazing at the low to medium limit tournies, but i think it's time to up the buyin and shoot for tha loot.

gl all

Post subject: Update, June 07, 2008
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2008 16:34 
PFO Elite

Two days ago I played a cash game at my friends house. It was 4 handed and the blinds were at .25/.50,... The game started off fine. I played pretty good and doubled up the 10$ I bought in with. Over the hour though, things went bad. I would flop sets and lose to higher ones. One big hand that killed my stack was when I slow played my buddy who is always aggressive. I Had A 8 and he has QJ. Flop came AQX , I checked and he bet, in which I smooth called. Turn was a blank. I checked , he bet and then I instanly went all in. He called and was drawing to a 3 outter. River comes,....it's a fcking QUEEN!!. So there I lost about 20 $ Bought in again and again then called it quits when I realized that day was just not my day.

The next day, I woke up telling myself that whatever I played, I had to win in it. That's the mind set I had for the day and well, it payed off.

Went to a friends house to play a 15$ buy in tourney with 5$ bounties and ended up winning it and took down 3 bounties. When It came down to heads up, my opponent had a 3 to 1 chip lead on me but I managed to still come back and beat em. Woot Woot!

On top of that, we played a cash game after that tourney. And I took all the money in that pot! The last hand I was dealt was 99, after a raise to me I pushed all in. Was called by 55 and AJ and the board was a miss for everyone. So from a bad day two nights ago, I came back huge to get my money back and then some!

Post subject: Update, June 27, 2008
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008 13:25 
PFO Elite

Quick update for you people....
Ever since the second week of this month up to today has just been brutal for me both online and live. I can't seem to stay completely focused when I play. Probably because I haven't been to interested in playing lately. But when I did feel like it and felt I was focused enough to play some games here n there, I would end up having some shitty luck. So shitty that it just stressed me out. I dwelled to myself constantly after those bad nights of poker, thinking of how and where I went wrong in some particular hands and games.

So July approaching and I'm looking forward to it. I'm gonna try to get back in a good grove and get back on track.

Post subject: Update, July 1, 2008
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008 18:07 
PFO Elite

It's a good start to the month for me. Took down the Ap warm up bounty game. Placed deep in some weak dollar tourney and got a couple bucks out of it in return on Pokerstars. Also, later that day I played a 5$ sng on AP and won it and also took 3rd in a 10$ buy in.
So even though it's not much, and small buyin, I'm starting to get back into my winning ways. I just need to keep my mind clear when I play poker and I'll be fine I think.

Post subject: Update, July 3 ,2008
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008 04:13 
PFO Elite

Been playing some real great poker so far. Took down a 10$ sng to help reboost my bankroll back up. Last hand of the tourney I hit quad 7's. Nice way to win a tourney!

Post subject: Update, July 11, 2008
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008 02:58 
PFO Elite

Haven't been playing much poker online, but I did play a home poker tourney at a friends house and took it down last night! :cool: It was with 11 people, some of which I've never played before. The buy in was a small $10. $90 for first, $20 for second.

I was really focused in this tournament and playing pretty loose aggressive through out the whole tourney. Couple of the new guys I was playing with seemed to be easily read. They definitely were playing their cards and not the people. Which really killed them and was a huge downfall to their game. I love playing with these type of people. This is mainly the reason I was playing loose aggressive the whole time.Overall, I made some good folds and even better calls. I believe I took out about 5 people myself which was a big plus for my stack. Once it got three handed I felt really comfortable. I was up against two of my buddies and although they're pretty good, I felt I was still the best out of us and knew that my chances of winning it was great.

When it came down to heads up, only a couple hands went down till it was all over. I was dealt A:-c: 10:-d: and raised 3 1/2 times the big blind, my friend quickly called. The board came out J:-h: J:-c: 4:-h:. I raised about 5 1/2 big blinds my friend thought about it for about 5 seconds then quickly said "all in". Since we play a lot of poker with each other, I knew he was capable of making a move on me with total crap cards. It was for a lot of chips, but I instantly called him! He flipped over A:-h: 8:-c:. The turn and river never helped him which lead to me winning it!

It was such a rush to have called his bluff for the win!

Post subject: Update ...july 26, 2008
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2008 07:02 
PFO Elite

Went to a friends house for a .25/.50 nl hold em game. Started out with 4 people and grew to a couple more till after couple hours of play some went broke.

I played pretty decent and got lucky a couple times, but overall I was really really patient. I figured that my friends would play loose and wanted to see flops so that's what I did as well. I just limped in a lot and tried to see any many flops as possible. After about 5 hours of playing, I cashed out with $100 even. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2008 13:41 

You sound like me!...I lose a little, lose a little, and then I lose a little more. Then I WIN A TON!!!....everything works!!! Of course I then fall back into the lose a little situation for a month.

Post subject: Update ...August 2, 2008
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008 16:36 
PFO Elite

Started playing more online recently. Won our bodog freeroll and now I have something to work with on bodog. Also placed in two cake buy in out of three. So I have something to work with on their as well. Tried to get something going in are buy in added game on cake, but my luck went sour or at least the best hand should I say went sour to some donk that over played his AQ offsuit. mls1024 played his AQ so bad, but yet again gets rewarded. How does anyone call off their tourney life with a gut shot draw or ace high? It's ridiculous. It really boggles my mind because he called the flop with nothing but Ace high, then the turn he called with nothing but a gut shot draw.:bs: People really don't realize how bad it is to call off all your chips with a gut shot draw. So what happens, my pair which was good all the way to the turn, was rivered by a dirty Q. :twisted:

Do these donks wake up and have a bowl of stupid for breakfast?!?!

OK, well I went back at it since I wasn't happy about how I busted out in our buy in game.
Played a money added rounders radio game. 2 dollar buy in....... I flopped a flush but it was beat by a running full boat to bust out in 4th. Yet again, my best hand still manages to get beat. BUMMER! Well it was a decent day for online poker. Managed to get my cake roll back up to 26$ and will continue to rebuild.

Congratulations Mysterious R,

Out of 36 players in Tournament 2612136, you came in 4th and have won
$14.64.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008 18:51 

WOW, I see you forgot to mention that you called a 5x raise with A6, looks like you created your own bad luck by playing a hand you shouldn't have. Yeah your weak pair was good till the river , BUT........BAM :beer:I got lucky, big deal.

I wish i had the hand history for this one because there were higher cards than a 6 on the flop and I believe the turn as well. How does any bet their tourney life with a weak pair with over cards on the board?????????????????

I am honored that you mentioned me in your blog, but the bottom line is that you over valued your Ace-rag, again a hand you should never played against a huge raise. :dazed2:

By the way, what did you have for breakfast:dazed:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008 19:18 
PFO Elite

mls1024 wrote:
WOW, I see you forgot to mention that you called a 5x raise with A6, looks like you created your own bad luck by playing a hand you shouldn't have. Yeah your weak pair was good till the river , BUT........BAM :beer:I got lucky, big deal.

I wish i had the hand history for this one because there were higher cards than a 6 on the flop and I believe the turn as well. How does any bet their tourney life with a weak pair with over cards on the board?????????????????

I am honored that you mentioned me in your blog, but the bottom line is that you over valued your Ace-rag, again a hand you should never played against a huge raise. :dazed2:

By the way, what did you have for breakfast:dazed:

How does one do so? Well when I know what you had and knew I had you beat, that;s why I did it! Also, you didn't have the best hand and I knew it, so you think I will check to you , fck no. Also, I was the one betting when the board came out, not you, you smooth called me twice with nothing but ace high. Hahaha

Regardless if I may have called your 5 times the bb raise with ace 6. I thought maybe I had best hand. And once the flop came, I knew it for sure! Then, you called 300 on that flop with ace high.Haha. Then a gut shot draw came along the way on the turn and of course now you're so far into your marrage with AQ that you of course have to call my all in.

No matter how much you may try to bash the fact I called your 5 times the bb raise with ace 6, that doesn't justify you're awful two calls on the flop and turn.

Seat 1: Skis*** (4300.00 in chips)
Seat 2: FLOO*** (4870.00 in chips)
Seat 5: Mysterious R (1245.00 in chips)
Seat 6: donv*** (2315.00 in chips)
Seat 7: slai*** (2335.00 in chips)
Seat 10: mls1*** (2995.00 in chips)
Mysterious R: posts small blind $10
donv***: posts big blind $20
Dealt to Mysterious R [ Ad 6s ]
slai***: folds
mls1***: raises to $100
Skis***: folds
FLOO***: folds
All_***: folds
Mysterious R: calls
donv***: calls
@@@ F_L_O_P @@@ [ 7s 6d Tc ]
Mysterious R: bets $300
donv***: folds
mls1***: calls
# # # TURN # # # [ Js ]
Mysterious R: is all in 845.0000
mls1***: calls
Mysterious R: shows Ad 6s
mls1***: shows As Qc
&&& RIVER &&& [ Qd ]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mls1*** wins $2,590 with Pair of Queens

Oh and one more thing, when you said "but the bottom line is that you over valued your Ace-rag, again a hand you should never played against a huge raise" well, you overplayed AQ a lot worse then i over played my ace6! SO BOO YA, SON!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008 20:23 

LOL... thanks for the hand history, I'm not trying to bash you at all, there is no need for that. Too funny you thought you had the best hand preflop. As far as my marrage ( marriage I think) my queen was an overcard to the board. What do you do differently if a queen hit on the flop or turn, you would have done the same thing is basically anyway right, because there was more than one overcard and you continued to bet. You were crushed with a 7, 10 , J or Q. Too funny that you were 82.22% to win after the turn. This time I was lucky to win.

You keep playing like the way you play and I'll do the same. In my opinion when there is an huge raise, A-rag including a six is an auto-fold. You can blame bad luck or whatever.:bs:

Too funny, I didn't see this part, I overplayed an overcard, not the smallest:nice:, and even if a queen didn't I would LOL'd big time if you would have won with a weak pair.

MysteriousRon wrote:

Oh and one more thing, when you said "but the bottom line is that you over valued your Ace-rag, again a hand you should never played against a huge raise" well, you overplayed AQ a lot worse then i over played my ace6! SO BOO YA, SON!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next