Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 23 Oct 2017 14:45

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Update, August 3, 2008
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008 05:31 
PFO Elite

Went golfing for my very first time and it rocked! It was a nice 9 hole par 3 in a suburb on Chicago. For not ever going to the driving range or playing golf at all, I shot a 46. That's pretty decent for my first time golfing. :beer:

Ok, so now moving to poker... After golfing, my buddies and I decided to play a cash game. Blinds were.25/.50 all night. Won't get into too much detail, so I'll keep it short. Played for about 3 1/2 hours and cashed out with $88 after only buying in for $10! Woot woot! My one friend played horrible and donated at least $30 buy himself. I have to admit though, the cards were treatin me nice. :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008 15:15 
PFO Preferred

I love golfing. It's way less stressful than the past time of poker. Some people may disagree, and say poker's easier. But you only lose what you pay for a round in golf, knowing you're paying for the fun of playing golf. I usually can shoot 2-3 over on a 9 hole round, or about 6-7 usually through 18. If you enjoy golf keep it up! Just don't gamble in a skins game until you've had a little more time playing :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008 16:00 
PFO Elite

wurm herman wrote:
I love golfing. It's way less stressful than the past time of poker. Some people may disagree, and say poker's easier. But you only lose what you pay for a round in golf, knowing you're paying for the fun of playing golf. I usually can shoot 2-3 over on a 9 hole round, or about 6-7 usually through 18. If you enjoy golf keep it up! Just don't gamble in a skins game until you've had a little more time playing :)

Yeah, I definitely will keep it up. I loved every bit of it and will continue to try getting better. I totally respect the game a lot more now. I could actually watch it on tv now without getting bored as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008 13:48 
PFO Elite

Ron where did you play, did you go to Orland to White Mountain? Or play at Greystone in Tinley Park? If you havent played either, White Mountain is fairly easy, and Greystone is a beautiful course for a 9 hole and fairly cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008 15:30 
PFO Elite

philber420 wrote:
Ron where did you play, did you go to Orland to White Mountain? Or play at Greystone in Tinley Park? If you havent played either, White Mountain is fairly easy, and Greystone is a beautiful course for a 9 hole and fairly cheap.

I believe it's called Golf Center in Des Plaines. I'll keep those in mind, thanks.

Post subject: Update, April 09, 2008
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008 17:29 
PFO Elite

Well the past two weeks have been great. I've won another two tournaments at my friends house this past week or so. Made about 70$ from both of em total. Not bad for both being a 5$ buy in.

Also, last night I played a cash game. I didn't start playing right away once I arrived at my buddies house. Decided to let the other 13 people playing/ trying to get in the game to play and build up the pot. Once the field narrowed and some went broke, that's when I stepped in. Went broke at the first hour with about the 16$ I bought in with. Then bought in for another $5 that my buddy gave me to sell him $5 in cake money. So I of course jumped on the offer and went back to work. Hours later I cashed out with $118! I was so tired at that point. I believe it was 4am even when we stopped playing. I was drained but yet so glad I ended up getting my money back plus a lot more. :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 12:29 
PFO Elite

Sweet, may your luck continue and maybe some come just a bit this way. But congratz on the cash!!!!

:beer::beer::beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2008 21:02 
PFO Elite

sup everyone, haven't been on in a while because i recently lost my internet service buy hopefully will get it back asap. been at least 2 weeks now since i last played some online poker and i'm kinda missing it, especially missing the pfo games! well hope everyone is doing good . hopefully i'll be back soon. as of right now , the only way i can sign on for a few is if i'm at a buddies house. till next time, take care and goodluck at the tables. :beer:

Post subject: october 08 2008
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008 00:17 
PFO Elite

well it's been a while since i've been on here at pfo but all is good still and hope all is good with all you guys. still keeping up with some live poker even though i haven't been able to play much online. i've actually managed to win three straight live home game tourneys that i recently played. i should be back on here more often shortly , till then, take it easy people.

Post subject: i know the feeling
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008 15:12 

sems as though the sites are working against you some times just gotta take a beating

Post subject: UPdate. Saturday Nov 1st 2008
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008 00:19 
PFO Elite

Woot woot, I've been rockin the tables lately. Been feeling great about my poker playing lately. I feel like I have more patience then I've ever had before when I'm playing.

Recently played a home cash game at a friends house, dealer calls. So we ended up playing a good amount of all the horse games, possibley even more then regular no limit. I bought in for a measly $5 and cashed out with $79. The change up of the games was really fun and fresh since we never played dealer calls before. I would have to say that i made most of my money playing Omaha hi/lo and 7card stud hi/lo.

Also took down a nice $70 in a sng just a week after that cash game. So all in all I've been playing great poker since my last update. :beer::mrgreen::hi:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008 11:32 
PFO Elite

Congrats Ron on your wins, nice to see things have turned around for you, new they would cant keep a good player down for long lol good luck in the rest of your tornys.:beer::beer::beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008 11:53 
PFO Preferred

Good to hear things going your way. Unfortunately i had a terrible streak, went on tilt, and now its freerolls for me. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008 23:11 
PFO Elite

My good streak continues. Finally got a bankroll again on cake. Played in a omaha hi/lo private freeroll and took 2nd. Then played another private freeroll and took 1st which was nl hold em. So from 0 to 20$ in a day. I will make sure to get that roll bigger =] !

Congratulations Mysterious R,

Out of 111 players in Tournament 3350273, you came in 2nd and have won $8.25.

Best wishes,
The CakePoker Team

Out of 101 players in Tournament 3390567, you came in 1st and have won $12.00.

Best wishes,
The CakePoker Team

Post subject: nov 2 2008
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008 01:51 
PFO Elite

I'm on fire! After just starting my bankroll from scratch from the freeroll money i won today, i took that and invested it into a sng which i ended up winning. Not bad going from $0 to $38 in just one day. :beer:

Out of 10 players in Tournament 3411380, you came in 1st and have won $25.00.

You've also been awarded 3.5 FPP for participating in the tournament.

Best wishes,
The CakePoker Team

Post subject: nov 3 2008
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008 05:04 
PFO Elite

well hours after that tournament i just won, decided to play some omaha hi/lo nl. sat down with about 2.50 at a 10 person .2/.4$ table and pretty much lost it. To me it seemed like everyone played everyone hand, so I decided to go to a 6 handed .5/.10$ table . Bought in with $3.00 and after 30 mins of play i cashed out with $17.

So this is my last update of the first days new bankroll run. I am very pleased and definitely happy about my new $50 bankroll at cake.

Post subject: Nov 5 2008....BOUNTY MADNESS!
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008 03:40 
PFO Elite

Just played a $6 buy in , 30 man bounty tournament and took 1st in it. Took down 9 bounties at $3 a person plus the $36 first place money. My cake poker bankroll went from $0 to $120 in just 3 days of grinding. I'm feeling awesome right now! :beer:

Out of 30 players in Tournament 3427450, you came in 1st and have won $36.00.

You've also been awarded 4.2 FPP for participating in the tournament.

Best wishes,
The CakePoker Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008 09:21 
PFO Elite

Nice job ron looks like your on a roll keep it up. From 0 to 120 in a few days :praise::praise: keep it going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008 10:23 
PFO Preferred

YEAH RON! Keep that rush going! Nothin like it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008 17:53 
PFO Elite

Very nice job Ron. I`m waiting for my streak of good games to hit. Keep up the good work.

:beer::beer::beer:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next