Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 24 Jun 2017 16:51

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008 21:48 

damn dude i can fell ya there man, it happens to me somedays or months man
i lost like 600 on ub with badluck for a month..could win a hand on cash tables or tourneys

Post subject: December 9th 2008
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008 19:45 
PFO Elite

Finally got my first gold card on Cake poker! Took me a while but was finally awarded a 3 of spades. I recently started playing more ring games in general so I've been hitting em up on Cake. Also, I've grown to love playing pot limit omaha hi/lo. There's just something about that game that brings so much action to the pots. It's a nice change then constantly playing nl hold em.

Question to who ever actually reads my blog.......How many gold cards do you have on cake? And how long did it take you to get them at what stakes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008 21:45 
PFO Elite

Actually I like NL OH hi better-no lo chasers.

I don't play ring games on Cake-but congrats:beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008 21:54 
PFO Elite

Terminal Frost wrote:
Actually I like NL OH hi better-no lo chasers.

I don't play ring games on Cake-but congrats:beer:

Thanks. =]

Yeah, I can see why you like hi better. hi/lo is such a game of re draws but one thing I like lot about it compared to just regular hi is that you get to play a lot more hands. I at times lose my patience sitting and waiting for decent to solid omaha hi hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008 22:29 
PFO Elite

I read it, I don't play at all on cake never have, this answers the other question to. Goob getting your gold card and gl in the ring games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2008 13:17 
PFO Preferred

Congrats on the cake poker. I'm doing the same thing, but I'm only at 50 after couple weeks. I'm just playing mainly the .04/.08 stakes so its taking forever.

Post subject: December 14th 2008
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008 05:36 
PFO Elite

What a great night of poker! Started off the night at a friends house playing a kamakazi tourney. We were waiting for a friend to arrive so we could start the actual tournament so we decided to play a quick 1$ buy in. Ended up hitting 3 tens for the win. So the night started off great for me.

So my buddy finally arrive and then we started a 10 man, 20$ buy in and after a hell of a grind out I took it down for $140. Definitely made my night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008 18:18 
PFO Elite

Sounds like things are going pretty good for you Ron. Congrats and continued good luck to ya.

Post subject: December 24 2008
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 14:56 
PFO Elite

Been doing somewhat bad online lately. Definitely been getting coolered a lot. Damn those cold cold decks of cards.

It's weird though, because I played a home game tourney, with a 10 buy in last night and my cards were hot for the mean while. When it came down to three handed, every all in heads up flip I went into with the short stack, even if I had the dominating hand, I'd still lost. AHHH!

Luckily I had a big chip lead and continued to stay focused and eventually made it into heads up. After a crazy up and downhill chip lead multiple times playing heads up, I finally took it down. I only won $60 bucks but hey, better then nothing.

Well I'm not sure but this looks like my last blog for 2008. So till the new year, cheers everyone!

Post subject: bg
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 13:41 
PFO Elite

It seems your bad luck streak has left from reading this.Maybe you needed to find your niche.There are a few tricks that I use to end a badluck streaks,plus they prolly only work for me anyway.
Perhaps setting some kind of goal,or setting a limit on how much you are willing to lose.Bankrolling should also be on your list too,like how much money are you going to win before you cashout?
other things are basic,like never play when you are tired,sick..ect will improve your game.people are less patient when sick or tired.Well good luck to ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 15:08 

wtg looks like you gotta get them guys together again always helps when theres not much exp at the table

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008 03:31 
PFO Elite

This guy had a huge chip lead over me when heads up play started, and since my cards were cold it didn't last long for me to make a move and eventually busting out taking 2nd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008 13:26 
PFO Elite

MysteriousRon wrote:

Well I'm not sure but this looks like my last blog for 2008. So till the new year, cheers everyone!

Guess not:mrgreen: and nice to see your luck is changing.

Post subject: December 28th 2008
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008 19:19 
PFO Elite

Congratulations Mysterious R,

Out of 590 players in Tournament 3900044 ($5,000 GUARANTEED BOUNTY!), you came in 85th and have won $9.09.

You've also been awarded 7 FPP for participating in the tournament.

Best wishes,
The CakePoker Team

Also took 6 bounties at $3 a piece. So I basically made my money through those bounties.

Post subject: Good bye 2008! Hello 2009!
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008 03:55 
PFO Elite

Dun dun dunnnnn. Adios 2008! As I look back on the year of poker for me, both live and online, I did fairly well.
I can definitely say that I made well over 1k in live home games playing friends and some unknowns. And online I have been somewhat profitable as well.

But on to more recent news....

Tonight I just got back from playing from playing a short handed tourney (5 people) at a friends house. $10 buy in winner take all. Guessss who won it...... :hi:.
Woot woot! Right after that we all decided to play a blackjack tourney. Well, actually they decided and then got me to play somehow, haha. I'm not a big fan of it, but I said what the hell. It was $5 buy in and I ended up losing barely!

We realized the night was still young and then decided to play another $10 winner take all. And this tourney was much much longer then the first and by far had a lot of fluctuating chip leads through out three handed play. But in the end, guess who came out victorious once again......:mrgreen:. I ended up making a nice little profit of $75 by the end of the night, which isn't too shabby.

Post subject: 2009 here I am.
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009 19:46 
PFO Elite

Well, the new year is finally here and I'm glad. I've been hot somewhat lately playing live.
Played another 7 person sng at a friends house. $10 buy in winner take all. A buddy busted out in like 3 hands and we let him rebuy back in. So the pot was a decent $80 at this point. After about 2 hours of play and one hell of a battle three handed I finally took it down!

Ok, so far so good for live play....but when it comes to online, I haven't been able to really cash. It's starting to get ridiculous! It's not even that I'm playing bad, I just tend to get in the pot with the best of it most of the times and then just some dirty bad luck.

I just hope this crappy dirty bad luck leaves soon for the online play!!!

Post subject: Jan 16
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 10:13 
PFO Elite

Online poker has been somewhat better for me but it's definitely been more of a grind lately.

Check out this hand where I lost with pocket bullets. It just sucks cuz I played good in this sng and took some bad beats and managed to stay in it. Ended up busted third and got $10.

Hand #17473E42B4000098: $5 NL Hold'em
Seat 5: Mysterious R (3670.00 in chips)
Seat 7: byak*** (4800.00 in chips)
Seat 9: nate*** (6530.00 in chips)
Mysterious R posts ante of 25
byakhan posts ante of 25
natedogg69 posts ante of 25
nate***: posts small blind 100
Mysterious R: posts big blind 200
Dealt to Mysterious R [ Ah As ]
byak***: calls
nate***: calls
Mysterious R: raises to 875
byak***: calls
nate***: is all in 6305.0000
Mysterious R: is all in 2770.0000
byak***: is all in 3900.0000
nate***: returns uncalled bet 1,730
Mysterious R: shows Ah As
byak***: shows Qd Qh
nate***: shows Jd Kc
@@@ F_L_O_P @@@ [ 3h Qc Td ]
# # # TURN # # # [ 3c ]
&&& RIVER &&& [ 3s ]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
byak*** wins 2,260 with Full House, Queens full of Threes
*** SHOW DOWN ***
byak*** wins 11,010 with Full House, Queens full of Threes

Awesome, isn't it!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 10:22 
PFO Elite

And it was all caused by some Donk reraiseing all-in with kj off how sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 11:17 
PFO Elite

Dude I just got my sweet sweet revenge one timer . While I was playing in that sng I was playing in a 11 buy in , 1.5k Guarantee and this went down . The guy that pushed with the tens was playing super loose and pushing constantly. And of course I had no clue that the BB would wake up with rockets. STill in this one so hopefully I'll be posting good news soon.

Ok So about an hour Later I go heads up and lose to a damn KJ to my A7. The guy didn't want to play hands post flop so he either folded or pushed since he had about 100k more in chips then me. Busted out 2nd for a nice decent amount. Still very very mad at myself for calling his raise preflop. Even more mad though that I knew I had the best of it till he hit his Jack on the turn to end it.

Congratulations Mysterious R,

Out of 128 players in Tournament 4071191 ($1,500 GUARANTEED!), you came in 2nd and have won $236.25.

You've also been awarded 7 FPP for participating in the tournament.

Best wishes,
The CakePoker Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 20:33 
PFO Elite

Congrats Ron, nicely done. :beer: Tough to play all in or fold heads up when you're not the big stack. Good win nonetheless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next