Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 21 Feb 2018 03:22

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009 08:41 
PFO Elite

Hey cd, just a suggestion with your very aggressive betting and fairly tight play have you tried a cash table? Not saying take the whole roll there and hope to triple it but as far as I know tournies are all you seem to play. Just thinking with your betting habits maybe a ring game will suit you more. If you haven't tried one yet just go to the smallest stakes table you can find and see what happens. If you would like some help come into chat while I'm in there, most nights, and I can give you a hand with table selection or whatever. I really think you could have success in them over time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009 18:13 
PFO Preferred

spowers454 wrote:
Hey cd, just a suggestion with your very aggressive betting and fairly tight play have you tried a cash table? Not saying take the whole roll there and hope to triple it but as far as I know tournies are all you seem to play. Just thinking with your betting habits maybe a ring game will suit you more. If you haven't tried one yet just go to the smallest stakes table you can find and see what happens. If you would like some help come into chat while I'm in there, most nights, and I can give you a hand with table selection or whatever. I really think you could have success in them over time.

I think this is a great suggestion. It is hard to play in only tournaments and or SNG's. Ring games are much better in my opinion as you have all the time in the world to wait for playable hands. Tournaments you have to rely on some luck in order to make it through and if you don't get the big hands you are done. Whereas Ring games you can just change tables, limit, etc or walk away if the hands aren't hitting.
When I first started playing I didn't play ring games. Now it is 90% of my games. Then as a reward to playing good in the ring I will use winnings to enter some tourneys.
Think about it. It can be quite fun and lucrative...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009 04:59 
PFO Elite

50th in an AP freeroll out of 3000 people. Don't get anything out of it but Thought it was a good finish. Might have done better but got to playing extra stupid yet again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009 05:02 
PFO Elite

I will try when I get a little more money bundled up. Just feel a lot more comfortable in tournaments. I haven't really played a ring game since I lost almost 50 bucks in one hand after a flopped boat lost to a bigger boat on runner runner. Have played a few but nothing more than a .05/.10 table. Scared money maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009 23:50 
PFO Elite

Finally something good happens. not a lot of money but decent finish. $2.74

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009 02:41 
PFO Elite

Nearly doubled my bankroll at AP inless than 30 minutes playing some Omaha. Just about 14 to almost 26 playing both PLO and PLO Hi-LO.
Sat with 4 bucks at each. H/L ended up with 6.50 or so, PLO ended up with over 12. That may not seem like a lot but to me it is. Might have had more but with a great hand to start AP got screwy on me and froze so I couldn't play it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009 07:58 
PFO Elite

Good Job cd. Just be careful how much of your bankroll you take to the tables, any crazy stuff can happen just like that hand you said you lost $50 on to runner runner. I figured with your betting style plus the fact that since your not use to them you would I had a feeling you would play just a little bit tighter you could really do some damage on them. Good luck in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009 02:31 
PFO Elite

Moved up one level . big mistake. Lost the 10 bucks I had to sit with to some bad plays and players. Lesson learned :) I'll get there again I'm sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009 10:35 
PFO Elite

cdb11696 wrote:
Nearly doubled my bankroll at AP inless than 30 minutes playing some Omaha. Just about 14 to almost 26 playing both PLO and PLO Hi-LO.

Total roll $26

cdb11696 wrote:
Moved up one level . big mistake.

Moved up one level....

there is no way these two quotes should be there...
Good bankroll management is no more than 5% on a cash table. Now with only having $14 thats not very possible but at $26 it could be done with $1.30 on a .02/.01 or maybe a .05 or.04/.02 table. Now I always allow myself to go to a cash table no matter what my roll is on a site. But if it's that low I will always go to the smallest limits on the site. you got to watch the swings. The best pro players in the world agree that on average you will win on at best 66% of your cash table sessions. Now thats not to say that you wont just lose a nickel on one table and make $5 on the other two but all the same nobody wins on every cash table. so play small if you don't have that much at the table then you can't lose much. If your winning then stay longer and you will build it up if your not running very well, either because it's just one of those days or your just playing as well as you can that day then leave. go play some freeroll or even play chip tables. That also works if you find yourself getting bored and playing to many hands. go play something that don't really matter and entertain yourself until you have something worth playing on the cash table. I did this a lot when I first got into ring and know of a few others that did the same. It just keeps you from getting to lose and getting involved in to many hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009 12:41 
PFO Elite

cdb11696 wrote:
Moved up one level . big mistake. Lost the 10 bucks I had to sit with to some bad plays and players. Lesson learned :) I'll get there again I'm sure.

Glad the lesson was learned. If you had to sit with $10, then you were at .10/.25. Way too high for your roll. I never sit with more than I'm willing to lose and never sit with more than I'm willing to reload if I take a bad beat.

Keep grinding at the lower limits, you will get there, and follow sp's advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009 17:23 
PFO Elite

I tried the .01/.02 tables but only 4 to a table and it's hard enough for me to play at a 6 max. I don't know why but like at least 9 to a table. The thing is when I try Holdem ring games I do waste it big time. I seem to have better luck (play?) at an Omaha table.

i really am trying to use the advice but i'll go back to the lower game for awhile. A dollar tournament here or there but as long I have enough to finish the league games I'll be happy. It's this group here I enjoy playing against more anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009 03:27 
PFO Elite

I sat with 4.80 on two different tables tonight and when I left was up over 17 bucks. That took me about an hour so not too bad I guess for the .05/.10 tables.

I was on a .01/.02 table tonight and it was nothing but bs that toasted me on that one. had over tripled the .80 I sat with and someone went chasing with nothing and the river hit. I'll deal though happily as the other table was much better. It was nice cause I kept hitting higher trips on the flop than this one fellow did and he kept playing with me. :) Felt bad but after last night it was due :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2009 23:20 
PFO Elite

lost most of my BR at AP thanks to bs calls/play again. way way down. That is one reason why I was hoping to make the game today. Hopefully things will pick up for me. I have enough to make the last buyin league game so I will have to do my best and not play until then at least for money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009 01:40 
PFO Elite

I have come to realize that I don't have what it takes to play at low stakes which is what I'm able to afford right now. I probably couldn't play any better at high stakes either but could hope. Anyway I'm finishing up the AP league this season to see how it ends for me. Otherwise that's it for money. I'll be there for the other games too I'm sure but no more money unless it's between forum members. thanks for reading and listening to me bitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009 02:09 
PFO Elite

56th out of 834 people in a bodog point freeroll for $1.05. I only had one bad beat but that was thanks to software screwing up and I was just clicking wherever to hope it would start working again. I might have made it farther but I ran into a chaser. Oh well. At least it wasn't a complete donkfest like most other freerolls i've played.

Post subject: rebuy tournys
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009 14:10 

I always looked at rebuys kind of the same way. Once you learn to play them though it turns out it can actually be easy money if you can get the cards. So many people go in with nothing so get the chips early and play your game. Good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009 02:57 
PFO Elite

Tournament History for your last 1 tournament requested by cdb11696
PokerStars Tournament #210670235, Mixed PLH/PLOFreeroll
Super Satellite
5756 players
Target Tournament #210669712
Tournament started 2009/11/12 23:22:00 ET
Tournament is still in progress

253: cdb11696 (Pierce City),

that's where I finished out of 5700, I actually could have lasted longer but I wasn't paying to close attention on the hand that knocked me out and played it dumber than I should have. Did fairly well in all the tournaments that I played in the "evening". No money but placed better than what I have been in the same tournaments. so maybe things are looking up at least a little bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009 03:14 
PFO Elite

Dear cdb11696,

PokerStars Tournament Leader Points for the period from 2009/11/08 to 2009/11/13 requested by cdb11696 on 2009/11/13:

Tournament Game Date/Time Buy-In Entrants Place Points
210670235 2009/11/12 23:22 ET freeroll 5756 253 18.98
Total points: 18.98

it looked better this way

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009 02:14 
PFO Elite

The rest of the week and the final freeroll at the AP league if I qualified and I'm taking a break. It was made obvious to me tonight that I can't play. Going to try and figure out if it's worth it to me anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009 11:51 
PFO Elite

cdb11696 wrote:
It was made obvious to me tonight that I can't play. Going to try and figure out if it's worth it to me anymore.

Based on what?

IMO you are looking at this all wrong. Take a break if you need to, but short-term results are not what you should base the "I can't play" on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next