Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 24 May 2018 04:14

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009 15:07 
PFO Elite

cdb11696 wrote:
The rest of the week and the final freeroll at the AP league if I qualified and I'm taking a break. It was made obvious to me tonight that I can't play. Going to try and figure out if it's worth it to me anymore.

ah man you gotta be a young one like me . Atleast from what I read in your blogs your just going through a withdraw right now. Trust me it happens to all of us.

Young players have the best talent but older players have the better roll management. I will not lie about that

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009 15:32 
PFO Elite

idespiseyou89 wrote:
cdb11696 wrote:
The rest of the week and the final freeroll at the AP league if I qualified and I'm taking a break. It was made obvious to me tonight that I can't play. Going to try and figure out if it's worth it to me anymore.

ah man you gotta be a young one like me . Atleast from what I read in your blogs your just going through a withdraw right now. Trust me it happens to all of us.

Young players have the best talent but older players have the better roll management. I will not lie about that

:-D :-D Thanks for the laugh young man. I only wish it were true. I have a son who will be 14 next month so I can't be too young :)

I go through these spurts where I really feel like my play is going downhill that's for sure. Since I posted that I've only played in a couple of games and got some of that failed confidence back but I'm still not ready for trying to play as much as I was.

Sad thing is alot of my confidence came from winning the first ever tournameny I played. Basically just a freeroll with a few very good players in there but still I won and I had only heard of holdem about a month prior to that. Never a card player but wanted to try.

I'll get back someday but for now only playing a couple forum games a week if that.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009 16:59 
PFO Elite

cdb11696 wrote:
idespiseyou89 wrote:
cdb11696 wrote:

:-D :-D Thanks for the laugh young man. I only wish it were true. I have a son who will be 14 next month so I can't be too young :)

I go through these spurts where I really feel like my play is going downhill that's for sure. Since I posted that I've only played in a couple of games and got some of that failed confidence back but I'm still not ready for trying to play as much as I was.

Sad thing is alot of my confidence came from winning the first ever tournameny I played. Basically just a freeroll with a few very good players in there but still I won and I had only heard of holdem about a month prior to that. Never a card player but wanted to try.

I'll get back someday but for now only playing a couple forum games a week if that.

Rut Roh I made a mistake lol

Post subject: Re: My own little space
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010 02:11 
PFO Elite

Okay I decided to give up on ring games. I wasn't real good at them before and what little I've played after that break I can understand why I suck even more at them :-D

Not sure it's the micro stakes or just that I'm really that bad but only tournies for quite while.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010 13:03 
PFO Elite

Micro stakes have a huge variance according to my poker advisor ( :-D ), that's why brm is so important. Have to be able to survive the downswings. I have trouble with that, not with my bankroll, but with my attitude and confidence.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010 13:48 
PFO Elite

Might continue to play them but I really want to be able to play the buy-in games here at PFO So until the BR gets up there a LOT more only those in case I don't win anything. Someday yes but not for now :)

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010 15:43 
PFO Elite

You really should have $100 in br to play micro stakes, but I allow myself to go with $50.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010 23:54 
PFO Elite

I have it figured out. No more big freerolls and definitely no more play money games anywhere. Maybe that will fix things but we'll see.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010 23:14 
PFO Elite

okay didn't get anything but a ticket and I realize I donked it up but had to against the play. I was running 8th out of 50 when it stopped so not to bad a finish.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 13:41 
PFO Elite

Good luck on Saturday! :beer:

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 17:10 
PFO Preferred

wtg great Job. I place other nite on pokers stars made copy but couldnt figure out how to place it here. so great job showing results

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010 03:37 
PFO Elite

I've set a new goal for myself. Not just to place in the money or win but to have respect for my game. I know I'm not the best but I should be alot better after how many years I've played. So we'll see how long that can take. I want respect for the game and not just get lucky like I have been

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010 02:17 
PFO Elite

6 bounties and 13th out of 120. Not bad and made no dumb plays. At least I don't think so. Except the one that took me out but cards were dead and blinds were to high

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010 02:23 
PFO Preferred

allways nice to get bounties and place in the money too. good win

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010 18:30 
PFO Preferred

Nice job, love the bounty games :beer:

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010 00:54 
PFO Elite

Did it again. I didn't pay real close attention to the game i buying into. I thought i was buying into a 2 dollar game but was a 10 dollar one and lost . I didn't have enough time to unregister either. Then I tried double up and 2 bounty with the rest of my money to catch up from that mistake. didn't work. 18 bucks down to 30 cents. It's about time to give up again. This time for good

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010 00:28 
PFO Preferred

Hi cdb

Thanks for checking out my blog. Me Teach you? hahaha......I'm just a beginner cdb, I'm still learning myself. But what I do is check out what everyone here has written on the forum, I don't necessarily do what others have said to do, I just use the information as a guide to see how and what other players would do in a particular situation. Example: "How do you play AK pre-flop" - this gives me a good idea how other's play. Now, take their idea 2 steps further, don't play like them, don't play AK the way they say to play but use this information to your advantage. The advantage is....Now you know HOW your opponents would play AK pre flop. Make sure your aware of the different ways you can play AK preflop, then when the time comes, you can put your opponents on a AK pre flop hand.

This forum offers me an incite oh how others play, not how to play.

I like playing big tournaments. Bugger all money but in time that will change. I've noticed many play ring games and small tourneys. Thats cool. But your got to see big tournaments as a big book.....it might have 1000-3000 pages but you only read one page at a time, one word at a time. All you do in big tournaments is exactly that, deal with one hand at a time. Thats what you do in any game.

Another great lesson I have learnt is, develop my weakest link. Work on the weakest part of your game.....this maybe bankroll management. I know bugger all about bankroll management, so I keep it real simple....I only buy into tournaments worth 5% or less of my bankroll. For example I need $60 bankroll before I will buy into a $3 tournament. I don't know if this is right but I know it will keep me safe. As it stands, I am not up to buying into any Tournaments (yet). Thats why I play Freeroll Tournaments. Bankroll sorted and safe.

Read your own blog, you've got great information about how you play and what your doing right and more importantly what your doing wrong. Pick the crap out of your own blog and fix your loose ends..

Hope this helps.

jemma5

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2010 01:23 
PFO Elite

Jemma that's kind of a bad joke that I try to use. I've been playing long enough that I should know better. It's also a kind of way I show some respect to fellow players.

I know I make stupid plays and admit it. There are too many times when I can't stop myself and I know better. I'm the biggest donkey here so be careful seeing me at a table :)

Again i was just trying to show respect for your game and offer congratulations. you look like you're running really good

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2010 08:01 
PFO Preferred

Hey cd,

I was actually thinking you were taking the piss out of me (Australian slang for being a smart ass). I know I don’t have big wins, I’m only new and there’s much bigger fish here to ask. So I thought it would be fitting to treat you like you needed help and to quietly have a go at your playing. I'm sorry. I didnt realise they were words of praise.

In all fairness, I thank you for your inspirational words. lol
;)

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2010 13:17 
PFO Elite

Oh I know my game needs help and I really do try to take whatever advice I get. I just have a hard time because I try to put advice into play but I get different advice on the same situations. (i.e. how to play position, when to throw away AA, other things)

You may not have big wins as far as cash , but finsihing at the top of those 7000 + tournaments means you must have a great idea of what you're doing :) It does to me anyway. Sure you have to fight through a lot of dumb play but those that finish at the top are usually pretty darn good at having some idea how to play.

Anyway have a great day and hope to see you at the tables soon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next