Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 23 Feb 2018 00:42

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Do My Best
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010 08:21 
PFO Elite

To be a seasoned poker player ......................

There are millions of poker players in the world with the internet players included. So many players think there quality players but they dont understand all the angles to being a good player and being able to keep there cool in ridiculously tight situations. The swings one player can experience in 1 night can be dramatic hits to your ego and play. Its about the money and only the money when your trying to compete with the best in the world. Respect comes in time. To earn respect you have to win. And in order to win you have to risk money. I was ranked as high as 71st on Full Tilts MTT HIGH leaderboards for a month, but if you dont play for a day you drop 10 spots and then you fall out of the rankings just like that. I ranked 108th during January on Poker Stars SNGS Leaderboards, but 108th dont mean shit on that site. When I was in junior high the poker hit me at a very young age. I put the time and hours into the game playing freerolls all the time until I finally turned $10 into $4000 in a 2 week phase. But I wasnt a good player back then I used to think I was but my play has changed and my aggression has increased. You have to put the hours in thats crucial and you have to try every angle. I member I saw a juicy $20 $40 limit game going and sat down. Lets just say it didnt work out very well but I built my roll back to where it was again and made up for it.

You need patience and thoughtful plays. Im quite grateful that I started playing online at such a young age to have already gone through the rollercoaster in my young life. Now a days I just chill and play when I wanna play though. Its about the tunes you play to and focus you put into the lyrics that are being sang while you play.

Im gearing up for the Chicago Charity tour sometime this month and going to make a statement. Im known as a regular on the tour already and one of the most respected young gun players who plays. Im a goofy player that changes gears smoothly and wears a smirk on his face when he rakes in a pot. If you play in the Chicago charitables message me.

Money flows through the hands and the objective is to build it into stacks of $200 at a time.

Time to look at the college basketball card tonight peace out

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010 03:51 
PFO Preferred

I like the post! That's crazy, I looked today on PTR and I was ranked 7th so far this week for 1/2 limit hold em and I was super stoked about that, I can't even imagine being on the HIGH tournament leader board on either Full Tilt or Stars, that represents a lot of money.

I think everyone that starts poker at a pretty young age takes a couple massive hits to their bankroll and rebuilds a few times before they finally gain some maturity and discipline to learn how to deal with the swings, and not jump in too far over their head. I didn't really start till my Sophomore year of college, which is still plenty young, but you def got a huge edge by starting at a ridiculously young age.

Good luck at the charitables!

cheers,
Chad

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010 07:08 
PFO Elite

ha thanks man I member when I was on that leaderboard on full tilt I was like this will be a piece of cake staying in the top 100 because the top 100 got entry to the monthly TLB tourney where first place wins a package to a WPT or WSOP or EPT event. I leave full tilt for one night to go out and im out of the rankings lol. I managed to stay in the rankings for nearly 2 weeks but then I took 2 days off to hang out and dropped out just like that lol. Those guys are machines that play every single day. But its nice for me because I already no who all the full time players on full tilt are. Players like 10thstreetballa, completedonk, the profit,webdude, and a bunch other I havnt been on full tilt for ever so I cant even member allt hem

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010 06:29 
PFO Elite

can you say

9 game parlay? I CAN

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010 02:15 
PFO Elite

Its March Madness Im busy Im Busy Im Busy

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010 02:33 
PFO Elite

Lol so I been playing a bit of poker online since im all set for March Madness to Start Thursday morning and I was playing play money black jack and a sng. Hahahaha playing both those games at the same time can fuck with your mind. I think it makes me a little sharper though

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010 03:08 
PFO Elite

ND was a pretty lame loss for me today in the first round of games But Northern Iowa and Murray State pulled through for me .

Im playing Purdue pretty big tomorrow

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010 03:12 
PFO Elite

Played Baylor really big on the saturday card vs ODU they squaked by thankfully and made me the money.

Im playing Texas A@M vs Purdue Sunday probably the Squarest play of the day. I hate making square plays but im playing it big at 17 units

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010 20:07 
PFO Elite

fudging buckets grrrrrr friggen Purdue somehow won that game

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 12:53 
PFO Elite

Buter vs Michigan State gonna be a sick matchup im p layin BUTLER

Duke vs West Virginia im playing DUKE

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:51 
PFO Preferred

Nice pick with butler! Congrats, let's go duke!!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 06:04 
PFO Preferred

Nicely done sir! 2 for 2. After the Butler game I'll bet it was nice to just kick back and have a not stressful game. Good luck with the championship game!

cheers,
Chad

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 15:27 
PFO Elite

callmenuts26 wrote:
Nicely done sir! 2 for 2. After the Butler game I'll bet it was nice to just kick back and have a not stressful game. Good luck with the championship game!

cheers,
Chad

ACtually the first game was more stressfull. I new Duke was gonna win lol. I played them in the first half 2nd half and the entire game. Loaded up on DUKE lol.

I still dont no what im doing for the Championship game lol

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 15:29 
PFO Elite

MLB BASEBALL

Over 9 Runs in SEASON OPENER YANKESS vs RED SOX (WIN)

April 5th games

White Sox (-1.5 Runs) +137 (1.5 Units)

Cubs OVER 8.5 Runs -108 (1 Unit)

Oakland +119 (3 Units)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010 21:22 
PFO Elite

both my harddrives broke on my computer last week so i wont be on much until i get those fixed

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 01:08 
PFO Elite

Well I went up to the Charity Tour game today for the first time since the 2nd week of January because I never have any time to get up there to play. Always working. They were in my area on a Sunday which is very rare for the Tour. So I decided it was time to go see If I still got my game going. I went there with $120.

$20 for the Early Bird MTT

$100 for Cash game.

110 got in the MTT I got 6th place for $114. I should of squeezed 4th or 5th out but got rivered by jack 10 with king 6. Jack on the River.

I decided not to play any cash games and Left with my money.

I bet the Dallas Mavericks tonight also and won that. They covered the spread for me.

PostPosted: 01 May 2010 01:45 
PFO Elite

going to play in the Charity Tour again tomorrow. Hoping to win the Early Bird so I can dodge the cash games.

Theres a really really attractive dealer there though hahaha. She was my dealer for an entire day one day. Fine Fine Fine

PostPosted: 19 May 2010 03:06 
PFO Elite

So anyways. I been talking to my buds and were all getting a mad itch to start hulling out the 24 hour sessions online this summer. We all got bored basically of playing lost a lot of interest in the game. We still play the game but are focus was way off. But we been talking and were all gearing up for long nights and shit loads of poker online.

Anyways I used to watch poker on t v all the time. But the last 4 months I could of cared less about watching it on tv. But the last week I started watching the NAPT and actually got glued tow atching it. My brain is starting to regain focus for periods of time

PostPosted: 22 May 2010 20:18 
PFO Preferred

Do your best. Bother if no one wants to admit it (and no one seems to want to) it's all in the cards.
You can use the best bluff you want and be the world's moct renown pro. Or you can take the stand of omly playing the top 5 or so hands.

But let's face it, if they have the cards even the first time players will kick your a@@ as long as they have the cards.

So let's get off this pitty trip and at least be honest with yourself.

but I do wanna say gl in you future tourneys

PostPosted: 23 May 2010 23:37 
PFO Elite

ritehere wrote:
Do your best. Bother if no one wants to admit it (and no one seems to want to) it's all in the cards.
You can use the best bluff you want and be the world's moct renown pro. Or you can take the stand of omly playing the top 5 or so hands.

But let's face it, if they have the cards even the first time players will kick your a@@ as long as they have the cards.

So let's get off this pitty trip and at least be honest with yourself.

but I do wanna say gl in you future tourneys

I want pitty please :cry:

callmenuts i need a hug, terminal frost hug please :cry:

Anyways played in the live game today. Won a SNG let me friend finish up his cash game session then headed out to the gym.

+$115 +4 $5 bountys in the sng

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next