Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 24 Aug 2017 00:51

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Do My Best
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009 10:52 
PFO Elite

Well I just woke up from the most depressing loss of my life. I dont really no how to handle myself right now. I was 3 people away from going to the PCA 2010 and 1 person away from $1435. Instead I bubbled.

Got it in with AQ dimaonds vs Ace 10 and the guy rivers a 10

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009 16:25 

sorry about your luck but unfortunately it happens ive been on some real nice streaks my self but when it gets going backwords its a real bite in the ass it seems like any hand you play no matter how strong the worst possible hand plaid is gonna beay u thats when you stop playing save it time too realize u are not going anywhere but back too bank too reload

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009 02:17 
PFO Elite

webigwilly wrote:
sorry about your luck but unfortunately it happens ive been on some real nice streaks my self but when it gets going backwords its a real bite in the ass it seems like any hand you play no matter how strong the worst possible hand plaid is gonna beay u thats when you stop playing save it time too realize u are not going anywhere but back too bank too reload

lol notice how all the normal people in the forum didnt say something about this because they have brains to no im pissed and I can hardly read your post while your trying to gather posts to become elgible. So annoying

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009 11:17 
PFO Elite

I have froze all accounts online until I leave on the 16th for california. Theres a lot of reflecting going on right now. I have to get ready to go play poker full time for 2 weeks. The first week ill be site seeing the city..

I learned a lesson in my hole experience trying to get into the PCA. And I also learned im just as good as all them Supernova players.

That $2100 9 man was the most intense thing I ever did. I was playing mostly all supernova players with a few platinum players I was the only silver star player in the sng.

I picked up on all of there styles of play and could tell where I was at with everyone of them.

I had the ability t o play any 2 cards and played flawlessly. I was able to make them think I had straights of flushes or boats because the prize pool was so big none of them wanted to mess up.
I played 3 huge bluffs that all worked out perfectly and was never caught doing anything wrong.

I will continue to play them step sattys for future events like the smaller LAPT and APPT tours. I no I belong with the best in those fields and could handle myself. Until then ill continue to grow in my step satellite play and do the best I can.

I looked at myself and looked at them steps and I did the math. And I came up with the equation of being able to qualify for 1 LAPT, 1 EPT, and one IPT tour event once a month. Probably wont happen but I would like to be able to qualify for one live tour event atleast once a month or once every 2 months

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009 19:54 
PFO Preferred

I think freezing your accounts shows alot of discipline. You took a bad beat for sure and now you're ready to move on. Taking time for a cooler will help you focus your energies on your trip. Take some time to hit the books on poker again. I wish you much success and yeah I believe your better days with those step sattys are to come. Considering you were three spots away from a $14,000 ticket on your first attempt at this particular step series is awesome!

Quote:
you stop playing save it time too realize u are not going anywhere but back too bank too reload

:leave:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009 14:16 
PFO Elite

Well anyways its friggen 15 degrees out here in the south suburbs of chicago. BRRRRRRRRRR blah hate it hate hate it. Anyways I was looking on stars at the next tour stops for live events and well I found that the LAPT is coming around again and I also found that they started a new tour called the UKIPT Tour. United Kingdom and Ireland Poker Tour. The structure is cheap and small since its only season 1 but I would have a better chance at qualifying since the main even buy in is super small. ranging from $500 to $5000. I would wanna play in the Ireland side preferably. For special reasons.

Ill keep an eye on everything happening though

The time to build castles starts the second you sit down at the table
Gauge your opponents play from 1-10 the second you sit down and change it along the way
Be aware of your table image
Dont let pots build to big preflop, keep em as small as you can when you aren't the raiser
When your the raiser build the pot with your premium cards
Isolate and use your position
Position makes the game of poker
Run the squeeze play as you get stacked
Be patient with yourself :work:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009 18:15 
PFO Elite

Saturday afternoon 3pm central time

Everythings going according to plan. Ive started packing for my trip.

I depart on wednesday morning at 8.30 am for San Francisco

I have refrained from playing online before my trip

Im saving all the energy I have for the tables

There is a juicy game going on right now in the northwest suburbs of chicago but I decided not to go

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009 16:23 
PFO Elite

Just got my final check in the mail from full tilt today for $500 phew! had to sweat that one out all the way to the end.. Now I just gotta finish packing and im all set to go then

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009 18:41 
PFO Elite

Well im all packed and set to go out to California. I leave for Midway Airport tomorrow morning at 5.30 am my flight is set to leave at 8.30 am. Im in group A on my boarding pass

I like to build castles
I like to make money
I like to size my opponents up.

Ill be receiving private training once I arrive in San Francico from fellow pros out in the city. The top pro of the group has already cashed in a WPT event at the Bike so im pretty excited to get to meet him. And another one already qualified for the PCA

Ill be playing a hell of a lot of poker!

Peace out everyone :hi:

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009 21:25 
PFO Preferred

sounds like a shit load of fun, wish i could be thier have a great time and kick some a%$^ :beer: :beer: :beer:

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2009 22:35 
PFO Preferred

Sounds like it'll be a hell of a lot of fun and a whole lot warmer than Chicago! Good luck and have fun!

cheers,
Chad

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009 12:31 
PFO Elite

Hung around the city last night my brother showed me around its a really cool place. Completely different city compared to Chicago very different atmosphere. Lots of different people all around the weather isnt bad either .. Its amazing compared to chicago though lol. Still gonna check out the city some more today and then were gonna head out on sometime friday to go play poker.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010 05:48 
PFO Elite

Havnt posted forever to lazy but I got some sweet news today I got accepted to my college! so phase 1 is complete! Pretty jacked

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010 13:04 
PFO Elite

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Now you really have some hard work ahead of you.

Don't forget to enjoy all that college has to offer.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010 08:15 
PFO Elite

I havnt been playing online for a couple weeks really. I play maybe once a week lately just been relaxing trying to get outta the funk of poker. I really get stressed from it when im playing my serious game. I look at it like this. Im soon to be 20 shortly and I have college ahead of me. So get everything straight first for college play some poker as I go but only once or twice a week get my degree get a full time job then get settled in. After all that is done Ill have a full time job with a real pay check coming in and poker isnt going anywhere. So I still have the rest of my life to play poker. I already no my playing ability is better then a huge portion of players online and live so my abilitys are ahead of time for me.

But I just been going to the gym a lot recently my friends told me to sign up for a membership to keep my mind busy and I like it. It helps keep my brain moving and me relaxed.

I still play poker just not nearly as much laters for now

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010 05:48 
PFO Elite

My take on rush poker. Dont play it if you dont win at normal cash games online. Experienced cash game players are gonna run that style of poker over its awsome.

All you do is reraise the initial raise preflop (2bet) follow on with a C-bet and bet the turn no matter what. Its pretty flawless I ran it over on my first try at it but dont really play on FTP anymore mostly just stars.

If you 2 bet it preflop and get called by the initial raiser and a middle position player I noticed that if 1st position checks to middle position middle position most often bets trying to pick it up but you call the bet and 1st position calls but a high amount of the time Im not gonna give a percentage because I really cant give an accurate one on this, 1st position is 3rd best usually after the flop because his range if hes a tight player at the Rush Game falls between pocket 8s to Ace King preflop. 2nd position is most likely to have Q10 suited to AQ suited with a range of any pocket pair preflop really. Middle position wont call a raise preflop unless hes suited no matter what with a starting hand of atleast Q10 suited unless its a small-mid pocket pair

And then your hold cards which for me are any 2 random cards in rush poker can vary between 23 suited to 93 suited. Simply because I just play the button in position.

But after you call middle positions bet the turn card comes at 75% of the time it goes check check to you.. And then you bet to take it down. You simply bail though if First position or 2nd position fire a bullet at it and it gives you a red flag to bail.

All Rush Poker is is Party Poker/Empire Poker back when online poker first became a boom and no one new what a 2bet or 3 bet was preflop so you would win every pot preflop.

Thats my take on it though

Laters

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010 04:41 
PFO Elite

Been betting a lot of college games as of late. Getting ready for march madness im a huge college basketball fanatic. Ive won my last 8 outta 10 bets on bodog recently and made other bets earlier in the season. Games in November December are a lot harder to decipher even if you do no the teams well.

I road on Cincinatti early on in the early season and made money off them but bailed once they got into Big East Play

I Road Portland early on but they have taken some losses. Thankfully i didnt bet there most recent game against Gonzaga I would of gotten a beating

I Dont believe Kentucky will win the National Championship this year. Im riding on Syracuse right now actually there a phenomenal team in my oppinion

My big non threat sleeper in George Mason from the start. I really think there gonna take the CAA down this year and go dancing again

My threat team is Cornell though. I really think if they get seeded at the 5-12 or 4-13 game they will have a good chance of winning 2 games in the tourney

Games Ive recently won are

Fresno State at Hawaii
USC at UCLA
USC vs California
Butler vs Wright State
Bradley at Evansville
Virginia vs NC State
Creighton vs Evansville
Depaul at Marquetee spread covered easily
Syracuse vs Georgetown
Maryland vs NC

Witchita State at Creighton (PUSH)

Teams who have lost me money this year

Illinois
Michigan State
Brigham Young
Portland
Western Kentucky

I just felt like posting this because I was trying to pass time lol not that anyone cares hahaha dont read this and think I no what im talking about though I just go with the stats and how teams are running

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010 21:36 
PFO Preferred

Congrats on the college acceptance! It's good that you're anticipating a slowdown with poker when college comes around, its definitely a lot more work than high school, so setting your priorities right is huge! You know what you're going to study and where did you get accepted?

I haven't been nearly so successful with rush poker, I've dumped $300 on those tables. The strategy is easy and I get that part, but they tilt the shit out of me. I take one bad beat, then another and before I know it I've moved up from 10c/25c or 5c/10c to $1/$2 and I'm playing like the only button on my computer that works is raise.

Good luck with the basketball picks!

cheers,
Chad

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010 01:04 
PFO Preferred

Cool dude! Good to hear your making solid choices in life. Health, education, etc...
You still got game man. But yeah it's a mindset that's fairly intense. Got to take a break now and then, come up for some air and breathe some life. Good luck bro with all your endeavors.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010 01:16 
PFO Elite

Just won a 3 game parlay tonight in college basketball I had to sweat out 3 games from 6clock to 11 clock i didnt leave my computer I had to watch every single game straight through

I took

St. Louis vs St Josephs outta the A10 confrence

Houston vs Western Kentucky C-USA and SunBelt out of confrence game

and ended the night with

Colorado state and Air Force in the Mountain West

I bet the house on the colorado state game i had them on a single bet along with the parlay

WOOOOOT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next