Poker Forum

coins
It is currently 23 Oct 2018 06:22

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2008 21:44 
PFO Preferred

I love live games. Hopefully I can get my homework done so we can play a game at my house this weekend.

Post subject: Rigged is right in most cases
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008 23:49 

Most online is rigged. Land play is best hands down. You can play land base and take home a pay check with proper play. Forum play is the next best thing as the forum members have nothing to gain by cheating and the site has no benifit of cheating a forum base. Locate a few good forums and stick with them. I found this one and the in put here seems good. Haven't played here yet, but the e-mails between each other here looks to be good also.

Post subject: Online
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2008 17:14 
PFO Preferred

I play both. Playing live is alot more of a challenge but I enjoy playing in my home. With the tv on and the family around sitting in my favoriye Lay-Z-Boy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 20:11 

I like live games better because there is more skill involved at the table then just going all-in. When I am playing online the only play people seem to have is going all-in with junk. Yet when I play in live tournaments people are more reluctant to do something foolish.

Post subject: Live vs Online
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2008 09:05 
PFO Preferred

Tips to Both:

Live(Playing with friends):

-Be familiar with opponents strategy
-Bluff on occasion but make sure to win a hand and show your good cards to gain your opponents respect
-Be selective with your hands
-Take advantage of them if they are new to the game

Online:

-You are not as familiar with everyone
-Switch up your strategy so your opponents cannot make a read on you
-Be selective especially at the start of tournaments when often times opponents will try to steal the pots
-Be careful of donks!

Good Luck!:welcome:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008 02:55 
PFO Preferred

I prefer live poker when I play cash game, and online for tournament.

Post subject: Live
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008 21:38 
PFO Preferred

i certainly prefer live poker, i used to play alot till i graduated and now it's hard to gather everyone to a poker night.. we used to play like even 14-16hours in a row. great times :) online poker is ok too, but u simply can't have so many and so ugly bad beats in live poker like in online..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008 23:34 
PFO Preferred

live poker is way different than online. Shoot,usually top pair after flop wins the hand in live play whereas online is chuck full of turn ,river, or runner runner beats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008 08:55 
PFO Preferred

Live poker is so much better. Poker is made to be live. I dont even have money deposited in internet poker rooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008 22:16 
PFO Preferred

Well I prefer on line. But playing both live or on line you have to have the right mind set. I have seen the ugly side from to many people being upset after losing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008 23:47 
PFO Preferred

I've only ever played live poker in a home game. It's fun to hang out with buddies and we keep the stakes low so we are all still friends at the end of the night. :) I have noticed that if one of these guys has a specific tell the familiarity of playing with that person regularly makes it easier to use it against them. I think I would like the challenge of going to a real poker room to play a small stakes ring game just to see how I would fair. But I like the online games too because it is so easy to play a quick sit n go or a ring game where you stay as long as you want. The home game I play in is like a mini tourney up to ten people with the top three places being paid. That's how we decided we could best control the finance end of the game so no-one gets hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008 13:32 
PFO Elite

i would prefer to play live. i like having the chips in front of me, talkin to my tablemates, watchin the tv in the poker room. it makes for a enjoyable enviorment. yeah you get the occasional crybaby in a live game but most people are very well behaved. online is very convenient but it just doesnt compare in a lot of ways to live.

Post subject: hanen't
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008 18:24 
PFO Preferred

not played in live game yet.... i live 75 miles from the OK border,,, and they have 50 dollar buy-in tournies,,,, thought i'd might give it a try in the near future,,,,,any pointers????
take care

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008 02:33 
PFO Preferred

me niether only with friend. all i know is ive seen alot of bad beats online and some to me but that will be the end of that

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 01:15 
PFO Elite

Well it's been a while scince i've played live and I forgot exactly how much better it is than online games. I plated my first live poker since september and wow it's crazy what hands will win. Not a bunch of people catching running cards to win that 4% chance they have of winning basiclly means they are screwed. For the first hour or so I folded the best hands because I knew that someone had that one hand that could beat me. The chance to read someone is great also but stong hands holding up was mindblowing compaired to that one outter hitting on the river which is what I've gotten used to online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 02:20 
PFO Preferred

I've played in many live games (but no tournaments). The thrill of pulling in a $200-300 pot I have never gotten playing on-line. The Gut Sick feeling of losing one of those pots is also very intense. But on-line i play primarily tournaments. I suspect if I sat down in a ring game with hard cash on the line, I would have the same emotions as I had in live play.
As to rigged games, my opinion is You see so many more hands playing on-line, you are bound to see more unbeleavable hands. Live game you are lucky to see 25 hands an hour. How many do you see on-line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 02:34 
PFO Preferred

I never count the hands in a hour, but when we(me and my poker buddies) play, I am pretty sure we play way more than 25 hands. And in heads up, with third person for a dealer, we get more than 50 an hour. And btw yesterday I got caught by the cops, playing poker in a home game. They were cool with it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 17:00 

live is definatleyt way different then online im much more succesfull live.
Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008 17:43 
PFO Preferred

LIVE is by far better than online, I play online just to keep my poker mind going in spare time. Live requires 100 times more skill than online play. Online is helpful though because it helps players learn to read their opponents via their betting styles. That way when i get into a live game i can use my betting knowledge combined with my ability to read posture and facial tells to play a higher level game. However if you play live just like you do online you will get your chips taken by a strong player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008 09:34 
PFO Preferred

im trying to get use to playing online as apposed to live. i play alot of home games and really love it cause i can see the man or lady it helps my play.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next